account suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolanich

Reaction score
hello x10hosting personal
my account is suspended by copyright reasons
Copyright infringement and lockerz tos violation - use of the lockerz logo without permission, lockerz invite sites violate the "prohibited activites" section of the lockerz terms of use.

But the logo is loaded from Lockerz site.
Also the Lockerz site is loaded in the inner frame.
What is the copyright vialoation?
What pages about lockerz can I leave?
Can you unsuspend my account?
What can I do?

Can you hide that part of my site via htacess?

ps now it is night in Moscow.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
It's called image hotlinking, it's copyright infringment.

You're also breaking Lockerz TOS with your invite script.

You won't be unsuspended.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Prohibited Activities You or anyone acting on your behalf or for your benefit may not create or use multiple, fake or temporary e–mail accounts, messages or related means, including, without limitation, creating or using websites or programs specifically designed to solicit information from individuals for purposes of inviting members, hacking into our system or creating or using programs to specifically circumvent proper and authorized use of our Website and its functionality for any purpose in conjunction with sending invites, earning PTZ or otherwise utilizing Website functionality and features.

Your site was designed to solicit information from individuals for the purpose of inviting members, -and- designed to circumvent proper and authorized use of the website and it's functionality for a purpose in conjunction with sending invites.

Even if the logo's being loaded from Lockerz, I highly doubt you had the rights to display it on your site since your site still violates their TOS.
Ownership This Website and the content and all intellectual property rights included in or associated with the Website, including, but not limited to patents, copyrights, trademarks, servicemarks and logos (collectively “Content”), are owned or licensed by us, and all right, title and interest in and to the Website and Content remains with us. Except as ordinarily occurs when a website is downloaded to your computer in the normal course of viewing such website, Content may not be utilized, copied, distributed, re–published, uploaded, posted, modified, reverse–engineered, or transmitted in any manner inconsistent with these Terms of Use, including, but not limited to, use of such Content for commercial purposes (e.g., sale of merchandise with the Lockerz logo on it).

Zero Tolerance, no backups permitted.

Original post:
hello x10hosting personal
my account is suspended by copyright reasons

But the logo is loaded from Lockerz site.
Also the Lockerz site is loaded in the inner frame.
What is the copyright vialoation?
What pages about lockerz can I leave?
Can you unsuspend my account?
What can I do?

Can you hide that part of my site via htacess?

ps now it is night in Moscow.

Last edited:

kolanich

Reaction score
ok
delete that page (kolanich.x10hosting.com/lockerz/index.php) and unsuspend me.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't. This is covered under Zero Tolerance because it breaks their TOS AND copyright regarding that image being used without permission.

kolanich

Reaction score
then
1 why have you suspended my account forever but hadn't deleted it?
why do you store unused content?
isn't it a waste of resources?
2 can I make a part of my site about lockerz without copyright violation?
3 why do you care about terms of service of 3rd party sites (and there is no statement about it in zero tolerance policy) ?
4 what other free hostings with same features do you know?
(adfree , php5 , python , mysql , cron jobs , safe mode off , cpanel ,htacess modification and other good features)

Last edited:

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
1. Accounts are automatically deleted after a certain period of time. This gives time for some suspensions to be resolved(like inactivity)
2. sure
3. Wasn't my call, but why do you care if the neighbors have illegal weapons in their closet. You may never think you are effected by it, but it still brings the quality of the community down if multiple people have illegal material in their house. I believe thats a difference between middle/upper class neighborhoods and low class neighborhoods. With x10, people here want to keep the community clean. While most other webhhots wait until they recive DMCA notice to remove abusive material(that could also just be stealing resources others could use), i think Corey takes pride in the lack of DMCA noticed he has revived, compared to other companies.
4. None that i know of. There are very few free cpanel hosting, and most others are not good at all. Most if not all other free cpanel hosters are less than a year old. X10 is 5? years old. These other free cpanel hosts also have downtime worse than X10, including one that was apparently offline for a couple months while the owner was on vacation.

kolanich

Reaction score
2 Can be using word Lockerz copyright vialoation ?
For example Lockerz disliked my site and ask you to suspend my account basing on the fact that I use word "Lockerz" on my site without their permission.
What will you do?

3 i dont care what my neighbours store in closet.
so do the most of people (at least in CIS , but we have a very strong opinion that in the USA too)

it is their closet , their weapon, and they dont use it againist me because they dont need it.
alse they are good neighbours
fine

when can i get back domain name KOLANICH.x10hosting.com?

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The part in the TOS about it violating the Lockerz TOS is the part regarding Copyrighted material. You did not have the rights to use the image or link the image, and thus you were permanently suspended for doing so.

As far as the term Lockerz goes, I don't see any issues with that. The issues were, once again, your unauthorized use of their logo, and your bypassing of their invite system.

Last edited:

kolanich

Reaction score
can i use WORD lockerz on my site without copyright violation
and can i use inner frame with page from site lockerz in it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.