Adding a Blog to my website - any recommendations

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi,
I'd like to add a Blog to my website, and I would be grateful for some advice & guidance before starting.

I want to be able to 'protect' it by being able to approve or remove bloggers.

Two major options seem to be

1]to use some free blogging software and incorporate it with my site in X10hosting,

2] or to use say Blogger.com, and jump to there with href etc from my site.

Does anyone have any guidance on this? Are both approaches allowed with X10hosting?

Many thanks

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
You could probably install Wordpress or Nucleus from Fantastico and get it set up. I'll move this to Offtopic.

oiwio

Reaction score
If its a suggestion between the two options you chose, I would suggest getting a blog software like the ones gamingX suggested. Having a blog on another site will cause some problems for people if you dont have a link back to your site

mifuyu

Reaction score
Ook.. That forum rules thingy was a bit startling..

Anyway, I would recommend Wordpress if you want a blog, its user-friendly and you could easily get help if you have problems at their website. ^^

kkenny

Reaction score
Wordpress is the best blog and it can do whatever you want it to do. It is highly customizable, and can be made into thousands of different skins to fit your needs.
It also has Multi User support, which is better than b2evolution, blogger and e107.
Wordpress is updated when major patches are fixed, and many developers are always working on it. It is the BEST open source blog system out there. Get it ^_^

frankfriend

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this, isn't the place to post this.

OK sorry Mike,
Edit:
You could probably install Wordpress or Nucleus from Fantastico and get it set up. I'll move this to Offtopic.
Hi GamingX,
Thanks for the sdvice & for moving this. Sorry about putting it in the wrong place
Edit:
If its a suggestion between the two options you chose, I would suggest getting a blog software like the ones gamingX suggested. Having a blog on another site will cause some problems for people if you dont have a link back to your site
Oiwio,
Thanks for this good point! Could lose visitors that way!
Edit:
Ook.. That forum rules thingy was a bit startling..

Anyway, I would recommend Wordpress if you want a blog, its user-friendly and you could easily get help if you have problems at their website. ^^

Thanks mifuyu, I'm not fully familiar with the rules yet! That;s two votes for Wordpress!
Edit:
i would suggest b2evolution......for blogging...

but mine is done with e107, u can see it here at www.subeeshr.co.cc
Tittat,
Thanks, I'll look into that and check out your site
Edit:
Wordpress is the best blog and it can do whatever you want it to do. It is highly customizable, and can be made into thousands of different skins to fit your needs.
It also has Multi User support, which is better than b2evolution, blogger and e107.
Wordpress is updated when major patches are fixed, and many developers are always working on it. It is the BEST open source blog system out there. Get it ^_^

Thanks kkenny, that's three votes for Wordpress, I really appreciate all of your help
Edit:
Hi,

Thanks everyone for all your help. I'll check out all the suggestions.

Thanks once again,
Edit:
Mifuyu

Forgotten sonnet looks great.

What did you use foir the art work?

Last edited: