Advertising Competitors

memoryz

Reaction score
I think you guys should look before the ads that show up on your site.

All I've been seeing is advertising for other hosting companies, and some people might end up leaving x10 hosting.

IDK, Im posting this because I think you guys are unaware of it or something, it looks kinda bad though.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I think you guys should look before the ads that show up on your site.

All I've been seeing is advertising for other hosting companies, and some people might end up leaving x10 hosting.

IDK, Im posting this because I think you guys are unaware of it or something, it looks kinda bad though.

These advertisements are by Google Adsense - it's very difficult to eliminate advertisements from all other competitors because Google shows advertisements relevant to the page topic (which in our case, is free website hosting).

MaXiMiUS

Reaction score
I don't think we really need to worry about it, x10hosting is better anyways ;)

booksgo

Reaction score
These advertisements are by Google Adsense - it's very difficult to eliminate advertisements from all other competitors because Google shows advertisements relevant to the page topic (which in our case, is free website hosting).

Google says: 'You can block competitive ads, or other ads you want to keep off your site, simply by telling us which URLs to block.'

Surely it would be easy to find a list of free hosts and then block them? Not a perfect solution of course.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as they keep paying us I'm okay with it ;). It would be too much of a pain to constantly go in and block advertisers... there are just too many people targeting 'hosting' on adsense.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, if you're afraid of disabling ads from competitors - you probably shouldn't be in the business. It's not good practice to disable ads from people who offer the same service as you...

(Thanks LadyAnna)

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I agree with MaXiMiUS, I don't think it's anything to worry about. x10hosting is amazing. No worries :)