All Images Disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I cannot find a reason why all of the images have disappeared from my site: http://mjt.elementfx.com/fashion/ . It was working fine last month, I've checked the permissions,link and code but those seem will be fine. Can you help me?? thanks

Hi,

Can you check the permissions for the folder "images" and files inside it.

The folder should have 755 and the files should have 644

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like I got it sorted, there was a few lines in your .htaccess preventing the images from showing up, I have added a # to the start of those lines which makes them act as a comment and thus the command is not interpreted by the server.

The .htaccess was effectively forbidding the images from being shown, would make sense if you were using hotlink protection, but that should have excluded your own domain from that rule, so could be you had hotlink protection enabled before the move and something got messed up regarding that, if that is the case you can simply just re-enabled that.

charmarch_16

Reaction score
Hi,

Can you check the permissions for the folder "images" and files inside it.

The folder should have 755 and the files should have 644

Hi Gouri,

Thanks so much, its really works fine :), but why all images changed it to 644?? It is changed it automatically??

charmarch_16

Reaction score
Looks like I got it sorted, there was a few lines in your .htaccess preventing the images from showing up, I have added a # to the start of those lines which makes them act as a comment and thus the command is not interpreted by the server.

The .htaccess was effectively forbidding the images from being shown, would make sense if you were using hotlink protection, but that should have excluded your own domain from that rule, so could be you had hotlink protection enabled before the move and something got messed up regarding that, if that is the case you can simply just re-enabled that.

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your reply, yes i tried to enabled hotlink protection, then after that i disabled hotlink protection then when i try to visit my some page all images disappeared, but i don't why its happen.. According to Gouri its about my permission that my folder was 755 and my file was 644, then i tried to change other images into 755 it work fine, but how can i change it all without changed it individually?? Thanks so much

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
When I looked in your account, the file permissions were all set correctly, it was ONLY the failed hotlink protection that caused the images to not appear at all.

charmarch_16

Reaction score
When I looked in your account, the file permissions were all set correctly, it was ONLY the failed hotlink protection that caused the images to not appear at all.

Is there any posible way to get my hotlink protection back to normal??

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks to me as it is set as should be now. Now the .htaccess says to deny showing of the images on any address that is not your own domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.