All those scripts that don't work!!!!

satoph

Reaction score

There are so many scripts given by x10hosting.com which is sth good:biggrin:
the bad thing is that all those scripts don't work properly on x10hosting because of
php restriction.:eek4:
The other day I installed Joomla from the Addons.
They gave the latest version but not working.:biggrin:
A PHP message error shows up on the screen saying DENYED:eek4::eek4:

Last edited:

vTech

Reaction score
certain scripts from fantastico does not work either with intermediate version of php....

sunils

Reaction score
You can request for advanced version of php stating the reason why you want it.

tittat

Reaction score
Anyway i will not recommend installing scripts from fantastico.Because when you install from there the scripts may not be of the latest version,and most probably with out security patches.Its a good idea to download latest version from the official site and then installing it.

About php restriction: In most cases the need for Advanced php version can be avoided by suitably commenting the script lines.If it dosen't gives a solution go for a php upgrade to Advanced version.But its unsure that whether Bryon will approve Advanced php version.You may be required to prove that you are really in need of Advanced php version.

The ultimate solution is go for a x10's paid hosting plan.Its as cheap as $20/year for a development package.

kkenny

Reaction score
Ok.
You probably will need an intermediate version of PHP to run about 97% of the scripts you need in PHP. Well the legit and unharmful ones. So you will want to apply for them in your AMP (account management panel). All the scripts on Fantastico (almost all) need PHP v2/Intermediate to work. Some need v3, and I'm not sure if any can work with v1 though. So go to your AMP and upgrade. I also suggest you manually install your scripts instead of using FANTASTICO, because like what tittat said, it's usually not up to date, and sometimes it has security holes in it, which can be dangerous to your site.

I don't suggest you apply for v3/Advanced unless you have a really good reason. As it's rarely accepted, and only two admins can give that level to you...