Alternate Search Engine you use

jaco_don

Reaction score
Google is the best search engine but sometimes .. other search engines provide much better search result than google

What other search engine do you use?

:biggthump Altavista.com is sometime better than google

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I quite like Microsoft's Live Search, but sometimes it just doesn't seem to offer results that are quite what I'm after. It's best to not just rely on one product though.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I use Google the most because it's search functionality is the best really, it usually finds the best results. Failing that, I use Yahoo! and Altavista. I tried Live Search but I could never work with it, never seemed to find the results I was after.

-Luke.

Daniel S

Reaction score
www.cuil.com don't seem to be very god in my opinion because they have spent a lot of time indexing my site and they only have one link listed (to my home page) and I thought they were know for indexing more pages than Google.

Jon.Monreal

Reaction score
www.cuil.com don't seem to be very god in my opinion because they have spent a lot of time indexing my site and they only have one link listed (to my home page) and I thought they were know for indexing more pages than Google.

Actually, Google won't reveal how many pages it has indexed, so the people at Cuil are basing their claim if 3 times as many pages index as Google on past information combined with what growth they think there was. They could be wrong.

And, like Daniel said, Cuil seems to care less about doing a thorough index and more about indexing tons of pages, resulting in quantity over quality.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Depends, really. When Google goes down (which is very unhead of since they're never down. East coast servers go down which I'm routed though, I go right to the west coast and bite 40ms worth of latency), I use Live search.

abcisaac

Reaction score
Live Search, Google, and Yahoo! it just depends on what I'm looking for. I usually use Live first because it comes up when I pull up the browser. I sometimes use Google for conversions among various systems of measure.

tittat

Reaction score
i always use google.Sometimes in rare cases may be yahoo...

Dan

Reaction score
I often use WebFetch which isn't a proper search engine, but instead brings back results from loads of search engines such as Google, Yahoo!, Ask, AltaVista... You can also get iPoints (whatever they are!) from using it.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I preffer google as I don't search so often. Google is enough for me.

jaco_don

Reaction score
Hi All,

In extracting information from different sources we get used familiar methods.

I've just started using a 'newish' Search Engine that has lots of other features attached for its members, one of which is that IT PAYS me to search.

have a look at BigDaddy 's features

( You'll have to join to get a feel for all it has to offer; and delete if it doesn't suite you).

See what you think.

Rahim

Please Post this stuff in Earning Money section ... as it contains affiliate links

Regards

warlordste

Reaction score
chacha is pretty cool coz its got other people on there side helping you