America should have annexed the entire New World

America should have annexed the entire New World.

• Total voters

SaturnElite

Reaction score
The United States took over a lot of the Caribbean and Central American countries at the turn of the 20th century. We should have kept those. Also, when we conquered Mexico back int he 19th century we should have annexed it, instead of what we did do (install a friendly government). We also should have annexed all of South America and Central America, along with the Caribbean. It would be no different from now except the United States would be even bigger and better than it currently is. America is the best country ever without a doubt and the only super power left in the world. We would also help all of the suffering third-world countries in Central and South America (including Mexico).

We could have used Manifest Destiny and eminent domain as justifications to completely take over the entire New World, with the possible exception of Canada since it was a British colony at the time and that may have sparked a third British-American War. Also, perhaps not Greenland since that could spark a war with Denmark. Of course, we would eventually annex Canada and Greenland too, but for them we may wait a while. I mean it would be no different from now. We would keep the regional names and languages of the territories we captured, but merely make them states. For instance Brazil would still be Brazil, and people there could still speak Portuguese as a regional language (but with English taught in schools as the primary language). We would also respect and honor the local cultures and ethnic groups of the land.

Who else agrees that America should control the entire New World and that we should be one huge democratic country? Now, I'm not talking about a "New World Order" or any conspiracy theories, I'm talking about a good government, like the one currently have. One that is democratic and uses the Constitution. Perhaps in time we could even annex Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, and Antarctica. Also, I'm not necessarily saying that we should right now conquer the entire New World, but that is of course an option. I am merely implying that history should have been different. But also, in real life, I hope America does do this some day. And I hope we eventually control the entire Earth, and possibly even beyond the earth.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
So many things to say about this, so little space (and time, as it's very late for me). If the United States basically annexed the entire world, I would imagine it would solve many problems and sort things out. I doubt however that's going to happen without wars or massive disagreements. Not to mention, drive those conspiracy theories into a reality.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Please do not feed the trolls.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The United States took over a lot of the Caribbean and Central American countries at the turn of the 20th century. We should have kept those. Also, when we conquered Mexico back int he 19th century we should have annexed it, instead of what we did do (install a friendly government). We also should have annexed all of South America and Central America, along with the Caribbean. It would be no different from now except the United States would be even bigger and better than it currently is. America is the best country ever without a doubt and the only super power left in the world. We would also help all of the suffering third-world countries in Central and South America (including Mexico).

We could have used Manifest Destiny and eminent domain as justifications to completely take over the entire New World, with the possible exception of Canada since it was a British colony at the time and that may have sparked a third British-American War. Also, perhaps not Greenland since that could spark a war with Denmark. Of course, we would eventually annex Canada and Greenland too, but for them we may wait a while. I mean it would be no different from now. We would keep the regional names and languages of the territories we captured, but merely make them states. For instance Brazil would still be Brazil, and people there could still speak Portuguese as a regional language (but with English taught in schools as the primary language). We would also respect and honor the local cultures and ethnic groups of the land.

Who else agrees that America should control the entire New World and that we should be one huge democratic country? Now, I'm not talking about a "New World Order" or any conspiracy theories, I'm talking about a good government, like the one currently have. One that is democratic and uses the Constitution. Perhaps in time we could even annex Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, and Antarctica. Also, I'm not necessarily saying that we should right now conquer the entire New World, but that is of course an option. I am merely implying that history should have been different. But also, in real life, I hope America does do this some day. And I hope we eventually control the entire Earth, and possibly even beyond the earth.

If you ponder the history of world, you'll find the answer. India (along with pakistan) was one of the richest country in the world when Britishers, French, Portuguese conquered it and ripped us from our wealth. I still remember from my history classroom that black people were treated as slaves and even they are sold, they used to call indians as black dogs and many other offensive and insulting words were used.

India is having one of the biggest democratic government in the world and we are very happy. I don't know what was the situation in Iraq but we are very happy here and no need for an american government here.

And its a good thinking of "americans" that those who don't fight because they want peace in this world should be annexed first. Yeah they are innocent and innocence is synonym of fool.

instead of using this word "annexation" if you'll say that the whole world should follow americans way to get success then I may agree with you but again one thought that to which country we should annex to build our foundation.

Last edited:

sandy.beach

Prime Account
Reaction score
Annexing does not simply work. The Roman Empire did that... Even after 400 years of conquering all of europe and spreading east and south down to Egypt they had regular revolts and rebellion.

Plus you must remember the people of Mexico and South America lost all of their culture or a great chunk of it when the Spanish, British, Dutch and other empires fought out to control north and south America.

Those people would be very unwilling to stand an occupying power invading and controlling their nation. What you are talking about is nothing short of what the Nazi's did to Europe and Great Britain was the ONLY country to challenge Germany from the beginning.

America would never win a war invading like the Nazi's did and you would have a backlash like in Vietnam. The situation in Iraq and Afghanistan is very different as foreign troops are training the local security forces to be able to control their own government.

Your idea is foolish at best and there are always people willing to stop people executing ideas like yours.

Even if America could invade and control all the countries in the world successfully, do you really think anyone would listen to America by America trying to create a World Government ? The nearest to this is what the European Union is doing, which may be happening slowly, but is happening through negotiation and talk.

A world government where everyone has the same laws would be the best thing, but it cannot happen by invading everyone and trying to establish a democracy, nobody would listen for starters and you would have rebellion after rebellion.

Last edited:

azntechguy

Reaction score
The United States has enough trouble with 50 states as it is. Let's get ourselves on a more solid footing before we even ponder about what would've happened if we took up more land.

And there's really nothing much to ponder really - precedence shows that anytime a nation becomes "too big," it literally becomes a ticking time bomb.

olliepop

Reaction score
I entered this thread thinking that the OP would be a typical redneck American ranting about how "AMERICA WON WW2" "AMERICA WON VIETNAM" "AMERICA SAVED THE HOLOCAUST" etc (don't quote me on those, i know they're all wrong).

But i see your point. America can be appreciated as an incredibly just and politically stable society. Not only are you one of the most powerful nations in the world, you acknowledge that "with power comes responsibility" and the old saying, "maintain the balance of power". If America had annexed the New World then i believe a few of the problems we are facing today may be solved. For example, the Chinese threat. Again, don't quote me on this -- there is almost no threat from the Chinese anymore. However, America and China have on a few occasions nearly plunged into another Cold War - thankfully relations are very good now.

If America was more powerful than it is today, it would have the power to do more good -- although there is always the threat of corruption and dictatorship.. especially with martial law.

sandy.beach

Prime Account
Reaction score
Its not just about power, don't forget the only reason America, Russia and China are on good terms with each other is that they all have nukes and powerful missles / armies and if one directly attacked another even using a Nazi style blitzkrieg the casulties would be so high there would be no real winners.

If you had one country ruling all it would solve only some of the problems, but how often do you read in the news of a group of people like ETA wanting their own territory in a country, the America occupying the world would have this to deal with alot and you would have many new problems.

The Roman Empire was all of europe and look at the destruction when it fell apart. It took Europe 1000 years to recover.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There is one simple answer. Let the heart be one in spite of which country one lives. How many times in a day you fight with your neighbor for parking space?

cased

Reaction score
I tend to agree with this. Obviously lots of people are upset with the US and would scoff at this idea, but think about it. Essentially if the US had annexed the entire world, it would not be the US we know today. It would be a democratic government that now everyone would have a say in. Who's to say our President today would be someone from North America? Imagine how many representatives China would have in the house. The things that people hate about the US probably wouldn't exist today if the whole world was part of it. The things that people think the US should adopt that other countries do better would probably have been adopted. I doubt it'd be utopia, but I could live in a world where everyone had protection of the US Constitution.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
If you want to establish a good and permanent world government than think about strengthening United Nations not the United States.

sandy.beach

Prime Account
Reaction score
You can only have a single world civilisation in one of two ways:

1. The bringing together of many countries. This has already been done and its called the EU.
2. You have to conquer every country and eradicate their own belief in the country they believe in etc like what the Romans did and this had success but took hundreds of years of "anexing" a country and killing many people who rebelled, destroying the local ruling class and forcing upon the locals the roman way of life. That only worked by having most places being heavily fortified and the death penalty. Look what happened to the romans, people got sick of the war and fighting and corruption set in and the empire fell apart.

If it had not fallen all of Europe, Africe, North and South America, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and most of the middle east would the roman empire of today (going by what european countries own now), and would probably own more territories due to world war 1 and 2, the boar war, the hundred year war not happening. But you would have rebellion like anything.