Resolved An error occurred while updating Could not create directory (wordpress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaweex10

Reaction score
My previous reply was for @garrettroyce.

However, since I'm here, I noticed that one of your plugin updates was for "Loginizer"; is this your only security method or do you use it in conjunction with something that is more robust?

zaweex10

Reaction score
Always looking to learn or improve please post any comments

I changed my mind, I sent an email from my gmail address to your gmail address with the subject line of "Wordpress", it provides information regarding the plugin update process. BTW, I looked at your resume you have posted on your site, this is where I retrieved your email address, in case you were wondering.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@garrettroyce

I had prepared a reply, but it's best for me to post it as a sidebar (same conversation but different venue) as opposed to interfering and causing a further distraction within this thread. I could post it as a conversation, with your permission, untouched, the gist is a relative short description of the "Wordpress plugin upgrade" process.

Don't worry about permissions. The head admin hates over moderation. Worst case scenario, I'll move your post into off-topic and give it a frowny face.

With how many problems there have been updating Wordpress, I'd welcome it. I've been answering Wordpress update questions left and right and the only real solution I've found is to upload via DirectAdmin and run the process manually. Something is going on with the automatic updates and it only started after the migration to DirectAdmin. Thus, the two page thread on what should be a one-click auto update.

@jerome1g you made a folder ~/domains/jerome57greene.x10host.com/wp/wp-content/temp ? Your image looks like it's something different.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
@jerome1g your account is currently over quota, which would also prevent directories from being created. A large part of the disk space is taken up by softaculous_backups. You should remove the older ones (download to your local computer for safekeeping) to clear of some space. I think softaculous may have an option to only keep x number of backups and remove older ones, not entirely sure though since I don't use softaculous to install very often.

jerome1g

Reaction score
I'am just seeing these replies Will have to look at this stuff the next chance I get
Because my errors are back

jerome1g

Reaction score
The old out space error!
Had my backup set to back once a month rotate every 4 backups
Backup still set to once a month rotate now is set to every 2 backups

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Don't keep backups of your website on the server. It's actually against the terms of service. You can manually back up the website and download the zip file. Storing a backup on the server doesn't really help because if the server deletes your site, the backup is also gone, so it really defeats the purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.