Resolved An error was encountered

Status
Not open for further replies.

femix10h

Reaction score
I keep getting this error when I try to log into my account. After several tries, I'm able to login, get the cPanel button, but when I try to go into cpanel, I get this error message. Please help?

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 2

femix10h

Reaction score
I've been having this problem for a while though. I assumed because of the notice on the login page that work was being done in the background so I kept checking.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The account is in good standing and looks like it is working as expected.

Could you try clearing cache and/or cookies (session cookies related to x10 more specifically), I do see an error message in logs that indicate that the IP does not match what is in the session cookie (login keys are used for the transfer between SSO login and DirectAdmin server, this is tied to an IP).

Also make sure that you are not in any way connected to a VPN or similar service, the IP in the the DA server log does not match the log for the SSO login page, so it would be working right in actually denying the access.

femix10h

Reaction score
Well this is a problem then. I travel for work and have to access the internet through VPN. I can't always be on the same IP, so I'm not sure how this is supposed to work

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
You don't need to be on the same IP every time, but public (abused) VPNs will almost certainly be flagged. Private VPNs should be OK. If you get an error where the connection is dropped or the server doesn't reply at all when you go to your website, it would mean you were flagged. I usually see this happen when someone has had bad passwords lots of times in a row.

femix10h

Reaction score
I'm still having problems accessing cPanel, presumably because of the VPN. Thing is, I'm forced to use a mix of private and public VPNs depending on where I am. So there will be instances when the only option for me is a public VPN.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
A vpn of any kind can be an issue, due to the fact they can be used to bypass our country restrictions, so many known VPN, proxy and similar are blocked due to that.

Main issue here is however that the SSO page see one ip, for sake of argument lets say it sees 127.0.0.3, it then sends a login key over to the DirectAdmin server saying that "this key is valid for this account and this IP", when you are directed over to DirectAdmin it reads the key and checks the IP, however, when you end up there DA see your IP as 198.2.2.4, which does not match and thus denies the entry. Both IPs in this example is bogus.

What likely happens is that one server see the VPN IP the other see whatever you are using to connect to said VPN.

You could try loging in directly on the DA server, keep in mind though that doing so would NOT count towards keeping the account active, so you'd still need to login to the SSO for that purpose (going on to DA is not a necessary step for the login to register).

Your server is: https://x14.x10hosting.com:2222, user name is as seen under "Quick FTP" on the SSO page, and the password *should* be the same as you use there. I say should as there has been a few cases it hasn't synced properly, mostly with some special chars being in the password.

Status
Not open for further replies.