Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Sorry, it won't let me reply to the topic for some reason. But it still has the error, even though you did that? And there was a password in config? Is that bad, since it's public? Please help, I'm still getting the error. And it says I'm suspended on forums.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I see the error is back, it did work when I replied, guess there's something more troublesome causing the error then, I'll see what I can find server side.

The password has to be in the config (which should not be readable directly btw) other wise the server would not be able to connect you your specific database.

As for being banned on the forums, it was placed because you posted support requests outside of free hosting which was at that time closed for all requests, despite being told that was not allowed and would get you banned in the news thread.

I have lifted the ban.

Reaction score
Alright thanks for unbanning me here. But yeah, it's back. It seems to work off and on. Like every other time I refresh the page.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Apparently mySQL database isn't running?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
it is running, but seem that from time to time the connection between mysql server and Boru fail.

We're looking into it, but it is possible it is related to the maintenance, accounts previously on Fris are still being restored onto Boru.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
right, you're chopin sorry about that.

Been seeing a few issues with Boru and mysql as well.

Same does apply though, accounts previously on Fris is still being restored onto Chopin too.

Reaction score
Alright, well thanks. Any idea when everything should be back to normal?

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

MySQL database was deleted.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If the connection is completely lost, it would appear as the database is deleted, simply because cPanel does not see the databases on the remote mysql server anymore.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
that would be a server side issue.

I'll look at it, but it may very well be related to the server being under stress while restoring accounts previously on Fris, in which case there's not much that can be done but wait until it sorts itself.

Reaction score
Alright, well thanks. I'll contact you if there is any change. Oh, and I noticed I can't reply to other people's topics?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh, and I noticed I can't reply to other people's topics?

And they cannot reply to yours.

Think of the topics as semi-private conversations between the member and the support staff. A third party adding "Me too!" doesn't help getting problems resolved.

Reaction score
There forums weren't always this way though? I used to help out a lot of people.

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

It's back up now, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.