Answer Truthfully!

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Are you prejudice? I was just wondering because me and my brother had an argument about it a few days back and I wanted to discuss it with other people in a larger basis.

If you are prejudice, Why do you act this way?

Last edited:

cased

Reaction score
Everyone is prejudiced in some manner. You should be a little more specific. Do you mean are we racist? sexist? bigoted?

cased

Reaction score
I think everyone is racist, sexist, and even discriminate based on sexual orientation. I just think the degree to which we are bigoted differs. I will use myself as an example.

I am hardly racist. I admit I feel a bit uncomfortable when I'm the only white person in a room full of black people, but when I recognize the feeling, I dismiss it as unreasonable. I still believe in equality and I treat black people the same as white. I think my unreasonable discomfort comes from the fact that I come from a town that is probably 99% white. I've hardly ever been around black people at all. I'd also like to bring to mind that I was also uncomfortable when I was in Germany surrounded by only Germans (mostly white). I think it's natural to be uncomfortable around people who are so different from you and you have no expierence dealing with.

I am much more sexist than I am racist. I believe in equality and I don't believe men are superior to women, however from personal expierence women are just witches and I resent how the family courts favor women over men in divorce and custody cases.

You could call me homophobic, but I really just think that's a term created by the homosexual rights movement to offend and embarass primarily men into accepting them ("oh your attacking my masculinity by saying I'm scared of the less manly homos"). I admit I have a really warped and even chavanistic attitude on homosexuality. I believe they are people deserving to be treated the same as everyone else, but I'm totally disgusted by gay men, yet totally turned on by a lipstick lesbian. Is this so strange however? I mean everyone has sexual turn ons and offs. Some people like heterosexual anal sex and some are disgusted by it. Are either wrong? So is it a surprise that a heterosexual man is disgusted by gay men? I wouldn't propose segregation or treating them like second class citizens, but I'd never be friends with one either. I wouldn't be friends with someone who had a golden shower fetish or liked to wear and soil diapers either.

MistaC87

Reaction score
I try to be an all around good person. The fact is, I was raised in a hateful community, where even drinking coffee is considered taboo. I was taught as a child about what I should and shouldn't like, for example: I shouldn't like gay people because their way of life is wrong, I shouldn't have feelings for someone outside of my religion or gender, or I shouldn't accept someone who's not politically aligned with me. Well, turns out I've become a rebel, or that's how the community here views me. But I still feel that I use some of the lessons I've learned as a child today, and sometimes I catch myself doing it and remind myself how disgusting I am acting, and I correct myself. Sometimes things happen that make me change for the better.

So am I prejudice? I was raised to be, and as a child, I was. But now, for the most part, I am not. I am not racist, homophobic, or sexist.

Mongoose92

Reaction score
On the whole, no. I think that there are aspects that I could improve on, I instinctively mistrust people, but it's something I work on, and I work hard not to make opinions on people before I know them.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Am I prejudice.....I try to be nice to everyone, and don't discriminate....I may say...if someone mugs me, **** and make a note of their color, or height or anything like that.

I do not look at a person and judge them because their nose is too small, they are short, they have red hair or blonde hair, or gray hair, or fake hair. Tall, short, skinny fat, blue eyed, green eyed, has glasses, doesn't have glasses.....talks funny, talks to softly. talks to loud, looks different.......I would not judge a person by these.....though I may say, he/she is ugly or hot (if they are my opposite sex...note guys can say guys are cute...where I live...its normal to ask a guy how they think you look...it shows you care what other people think).....

I do not discriminate, or leave a person out, for anything related to the way they look, or sound or smell, BUT.....

I do judge people by what I see them do to others, knowingly or unintentionally....

Not sure if this makes sense....but if it did, I hope you get what I am trying to say.

BentFX

Reaction score
You want truthful? OK!

I'll probably be called a bigot, but it's not the worst Ive been called.

I think the politically correct world we live in is slanted against the middle aged, heterosexual, white male. I have no problem with skin color or sexual orientation but don't expect me to accept your new age culture or sexuality. I'm not an openly sexual person. I think it is best left to the bedroom. Gay, bi or hetero don't expect me to embrace your sexuality, keep to yourself. If your too cool to pull up your pants, I will make base assumptions about your character before you even open your mouth. Goth is all about being against the grain... I like the grain... we might have difficulty communicating. If you can't communicate without throwin gang signs, and nigga this and nigga that, just shut up!

I grew up in a large "functional" family. I grew up in eastern Washington, but most of my family is from Montana. We regularly got together for holidays and birthdays. Regularly we had 30 to 40 family members together, everyone came, and nobody fought. My grandfathers fought in WWII, and it may be unpopular, but I believe the USA saved the world from certain destruction. I was eight years old when we landed on the moon. Come on... WE LANDED ON THE FREAKIN' MOON! I love my country!

I'm quite old fashioned and that's the only culture that's not protected by law. I like to get along without fighting, but respect where I came from, it was a good place.

Does the black man deserve a seat up front on the bus?... Your damn right!

Do gay couples deserve to be married?... I hope we can call it something different, because it is different, but yes. Gay partnerships deserve the same protections and privileges as traditional marriages. It seems though that if we prefix "traditional" on marriage, that is what they will demand.

Like I said, respect where I came from, if you want me to respect where your coming from.

Last edited:

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
I am in no way prejudice. There is no reason to view someone differently than someone else. Some of those you may think to be the worst people in the world.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
I am in no way prejudice. There is no reason to view someone differently than someone else. Some of those you may think to be the worst people in the world.

I really think you are lying... just my opinion.

I think that everyone is prejudice... even if it is small.

redefinelove

Reaction score
I dislike people based on their personalities. I tend to automatically look down upon the "gangster" stereotype due to past experiences...I'm working on that, however. I try giving everyone a chance to prove themselves, but I must admit, I do judge people rather easily. So yeah, I guess I am a bit more prejudiced then I should be.

Last edited:

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
I dislike people based on their personalities. I tend to automatically look down upon the "gangster" stereotype due to past experiences...I'm working on that, however. I try giving everyone a chance to prove themselves, but I must admit, I do judge people rather easily. So yeah, I guess I am a bit more prejudiced then I should be.

Yes... thats what i do too, i dont like to be called prejudice but i am

anyway... the only way to stop this is to first accept that we are all doing it

BentFX

Reaction score
...the only way to stop this is to first accept that we are all doing it
I don't think it's going to stop. To one extent or another I believe that it is ingrained in people.

It is healthy for society to have certain prejudices. You have certain feelings regarding gangster types. What if the gangsta is working at your bank? Society demands that bank workers present a business like image. As a group we dislike certain images put forth by individuals. Society is better when those individuals put forth an image that is more acceptable. We don't need gangsters in the mainstream.

We need to differentiate between the person and the persona. Bob is gangster. Bob is the person, gangster is the persona. Bob knows that his gangster persona doesn't fit with societal norms. It's a choice he makes. Bob the person is defined by his chosen persona.

We need to remember that personae are not protected under the law. It is perfectly legitimate to discriminate against the character an individual chooses to portray. It happens everyday.
Edit:
[more]
Society has certain norms involving personae. While goth may be acceptable at the bookstore or coffee hut, it is probably not going to work for the daycare or auto sales. That's just the way it is. While someone may love the renaissance fair, they can't dress and talk that way on a daily basis. That wouldn't even work at the coffee hut.

Last edited:

shadowdragon

Reaction score
Sorry shadow he definitely isn't, not that I know of.But I would have to admit I am just like most people.
-----shadow dragon