anyone have a solution??

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpsycho

Reaction score
ok heres my problem.

I'll start off by saying that i don't know if this is localized to just one of my members or to all as i can only contact 1 of them. and that i doubt this is a host problem. but i really don't know what to tell him to solve it so.

anyways apparently when he tries to access my site he keeps getting an error saying explorer couldn't find the page. iv'e linked him to every page and it still doesn't work. he says this has been going on for just over a week.

i myself can access the site no problem. any suggestions???
is it an isp problem??

kajasweb

Reaction score
What is your site URL? We can check it and tell you some suggestions.

techeze

Reaction score
I'll bet you 10 to 1 odds that it'll work if he tries to view it via a proxy like www.the-cloak.com

get him to go there if you can, click "surf" on the left side of the page, then there should be a box on the page that opens that has "http://" in it. Get him to type your address in there and it'll probably work.

This isn't a solution, but a lot of us have been having the same problem recently (providing that step works then it looks like the same problem), so far no solution has been provided...fingers-crossed :happysad:

--Josh

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, i can view the site fine, it seems to be some sort of a small issue, not affecting so many people, it may be that his IP address is being blocked on the firewall, or his IP might be blacklisted, i don't know how to resolve this problem though, sorry.

kajasweb

Reaction score
Your site is working fine...

As Hellsheep said, it may be a small issue blocking certain IPs.

hypercss

Reaction score
Good day,

Think you could provide the exact error message by any chance? I have recently noticed that Internet Explorer 7 gave me a similar error message when opening a site. It seems though that the last update I have done fixed this problem, so it could be a great idea to ask this client to ensure that his/her windows is completely up to date.

If the problem still persist, and the user is using Internet Explorer, I would suggest trying out a third party browser such as Firefox to see if the problem is present there as well.

I am not fairly familiar with Windows-Based proxy servers, but this could also be the problem, but as techeze suggested, use a proxy such as www.the-cloak.com. If the problem still persists, then it is definitely software related.

Further more from there on, have a look at putting on AVG and running a complete system scan to check for any malware/spyware.

Kind regards

blackpsycho

Reaction score
hey guys thanks for the excellent help!!! i'm speaking with him now to see if i can resolve his problem.
if its a problem with ie i'm surprised i haven't noticed it.. although maybe mines updated.. i don't pay much attention to what updates.. if i just let the computer do its thing i don't fight with it so much!
now an ip problem with the firewall?? dunno how that couldn't have happened.. last thing he said he was doing was refreshing his pm page on the forum over and over as he was having a convo with another member.. don't really see how that would have been seen as something bad.. unless the firewall or something thought it was a bot or hacker or something of the sorts.. who knows...
anyways thanks again everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.