Anyone like runescape?

t2t2t

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the latest Runescape Updates? They've taken away the wildy and implemented "balanced' trading, where you can't trade with other if the items being traded have a value difference of 3k.

I heard that Paypal have already stated that over 400k Runescape Members have canceled their membership; that's over $2 million profit a month gone...

It seems to me the Jagex are determined to destroy their own game, before anyone else gets a further chance. xD
I don't know, they HAD to do something about RWT, and worst way to go against it would been whole trading function removal, but this seems like a good idea. And wild, decreasing size... yea...

Through theres always whiners like "omg theire so broking up game!!!one!1", but these might be those, who really were RWT-ers. But a year later, it has grown on people and everyone take it as normal.

ethraax

Reaction score
I used to play, a couple years ago. I played it before I got Guild Wars, and it was really the first MMO type game I'd ever played. Really the first online game too.

THe biggest problem with RS is the community. There's no easy way to buy or sell anything, other than running around in those trade worlds with hundreds of people in the same square spamming the same thing.

There was absolutely no reward for skill. All actions were simple and time consuming. It was all about who spent the most time playing, not who was the better player.

It appeals to those with nothing else to do, like kids ages 10-14. The problem is that these kids with little to no homework or other obligations are also incredibly immature. I find that generally games with more skill-based and less time-based rewards tend to harbor more mature players, who actually have other things to do in their life (college, grad school, job, significant other) and thus can't get anywhere in a time-based game like Runescape.

t2t2t

Reaction score
THe biggest problem with RS is the community. There's no easy way to buy or sell anything, other than running around in those trade worlds with hundreds of people in the same square spamming the same thing.

The Grand Exchange:
Are you fed up of trying to be heard above a crowded Varrock Marketplace? Are you tired of organising to meet players who want to trade with you? Do you just want to get on with the things you enjoy, rather than standing around, hoping that someone wants your full splitbark armour?
If the answer is "yes" to any of those questions, then Brugsen would like to direct you to his marvellous new Grand Exchange! This huge establishment is home to a RuneScape first - an item marketplace - where members and free players can buy or sell a huge range of items.
Using the Exchange couldn't be any easier:
  1. Bring items you wish to sell or money to buy stuff with.
  2. Speak to one of the Grand Exchange clerks to either put items up for sale or to make a bid on any items.
  3. The clerks will take your items or money and look for a matching bid/sale to match you up with.
  4. You may have to wait for your bid to be accepted or for the clerks to find a purchaser - then again, it could happen in moments!
  5. You will receive a message when the trade has been completed and you can go to the Grand Exchange or any bank to pick up your purchases or money.
Members are able to make six offers for sale or purchase at any one time, while free-to-play adventurers can have two. To make best use of these, Brugsen has advised his clerks to accept stacked and noted items; for example, 1,000 cut diamonds would only take up one slot, allowing you to make five other trades at any time!
The clerks also have the ability to convert armour into 'sets', which will only take up one slot. To find a list of the armour types that can be made into 'sets', visit the Knowledge Base article.
Market Prices in the Grand Exchange:
There is a limit to the amount you can buy or sell items for in the Grand Exchange, which is generally set at 5% above and below the 'market price', and it is impossible to buy outside of these boundaries. This will create a stable economy that cannot be abused by players who seek to manipulate prices to the disadvantage of others.
The market price is affected by any trade that occurs in the Exchange. If an item frequently sells for more than the market price then it will rise in value, but if it consistently sells for less than the market price then it will go down.
Initial market prices for items were decided after extensive research by Brugsen and his market experts, so should be very close to the item costs you are used to.
This market price will not only be used in the Grand Exchange. You will find that the value of staked items in the Duel Arena will also change, as will the player stock in the shops of RuneScape.
Keep an eye on item values to make sure you are buying or selling at the correct time. Reading the market and anticipating when it will go up or go down is an art in itself! However, the alchemy value of items is NOT affected. So, whatever you do, DON'T go high-alching your party hat! You'll still only get 1 gp, and you wouldn't like that...
For more details on the Grand Exchange and market prices, chat to Brugsen or the Grand Exchange Tutor for a tutorial. There is also a lot of information and some FAQs on the Grand Exchange Knowledge Base page.
http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=984

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I've never played Runescape personally. My friend has, but he lost his password/lost interest in the game.

lamename

Reaction score
Well i do like it im a level 64 but i would rather play world of warcraft

shauntp

Reaction score
Runescape ok. I do have lvl76 account. But it is really bad. By the way, if anyone has an account they would like to give away, pm me :).

CrazyGamester

Reaction score
I used to play Runescape. I quit because they stuffed up the wildy and I got WoW. Like seriously when I got WoW I was like this when I played Runescape again: "WOW I actually used to play this crappy game? I can't even see the guys eyes because of the graphics. And the only thing you use is the mouse. In world of warcraft I would be pressing buttons so rapidly I wouldn't have a second to think. And then I got on Runescape and I'm like this when I'm killing someone "Well this is boring".