Resolved Apache is functioning normally & Can't add domain to Cloudflare

Status
Not open for further replies.

femix10h

Reaction score
My x10host site was working fine with the x10host subdomain address. I then tried to link it to my personal domain and proxy it through Cloudflare and I'm having problems. First, when I try to add my x10 subdomain on Cloudflare, I get an error message that it's not a registered domain. I added my x10 IP as an address in Cloudflare. Now when I try to go to my x10 subdomain, I get a blank page with the message "Apache is functioning normally". Please help?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You will not be able to use the x10host subdomain with cloudflare at this time as there is no integration available for DirectAdmin as there was with cPanel.

You can only use domains that are a full domain where you can edit the name servers, meaning a top level domain such as domain.com, with the cloudflare service.

femix10h

Reaction score
I see.
But what about the "Apache is functioning normally" problem? My site is inaccessible right now.
Also how do I 'park' my x10 subdomain so my private domain URL only shows when people use my site since there is no cpanel anymore?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The easiest thing to do is use CloudFlare in "flexible" mode and tell it to proxy somesite.tld. In DirectAdmin, use the pointers to make somesite.tld point to somesite.x10

Cloudflare will serve up somesite.x10 as somesite.tld with or without SSL

femix10h

Reaction score
Thanks @garrettroyce. I did have Cloudflare in 'flexible' mode and I created an A record pointing to x10's IP. However, when I try to go to my site, I get the "Apache is functioning normally" error. If I disable Cloudflare proxy, my somesite.tld gets forwarded to somesite.x10 as http (unsecured) and URL shows somesite.x10. What am I doing wrong?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
As for redirects to the x10 address, often times scripts do automatically rewrite to the configured domain (wordpress for instance does this), so make sure any script you use for the site is configured for the proper domain (ie https://somesite.tld).

Also with cloudflare the domains A record should actually be one of their IPs rather then our servers IP, so it is possible you have it set wrongly there as well. Right now it would appear as that you are not using their SSL option and proxying the domain through them, your current setup looks more like you are simply using them as DNS server.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
x14.x10hosting.com has an IP address of 198.91.81.14 ; was that what you had given cloudflare?

femix10h

Reaction score
As for redirects to the x10 address, often times scripts do automatically rewrite to the configured domain (wordpress for instance does this), so make sure any script you use for the site is configured for the proper domain (ie https://somesite.tld).

Also with cloudflare the domains A record should actually be one of their IPs rather then our servers IP, so it is possible you have it set wrongly there as well. Right now it would appear as that you are not using their SSL option and proxying the domain through them, your current setup looks more like you are simply using them as DNS server.

Indeed, I had wordpress set to my x10hosting subdomain so it kept redirecting there. Thank you.
The A record on Cloudflare does need to point to x10's IP though, otherwise it won't resolve. I turned off proxy initially because of the problems I was having, but once I set wordpress to write to my domain, I turned proxy back on and it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.