Resolved Apache Is Functioning Normally...

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
You are correct. You had not logged in between January and March.

Requesting admin assistance.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a requirement to log in at least once every 30 days to keep a free hosting account active. Relying on an email as the sole reminder is not advised.

During end of first week in March, as part of our maintenance that was announced in mid December, we purged all accounts that had no login activity during the last 60 days prior, your account was outside that 60 day mark and even more so outside of the 30 day requirement for free hosting. Prior to our purging you last logged into your account on December 31st.

Initially we said cutoff for restores would be one week, purge was started on the 4th or March, meaning in reality we should not restore anyone past Sunday 15th, though we extended it a little bit extra, but it was said that the last cutoff date would be on Sunday March 22nd.

You're lucky though that the restore is still possible for your account.
I'm running the restore now and the account should be good to go in a few minutes.

seanleis

Reaction score
It's working like a charm now, just like I last saw it. Thank you. I was confused back then by the process, thinking there would be some kind of other notification when changes were done, and that along with understanding that the 30-day login requirement was temporarily suspended (I remember that from some email or message) had me thinking the wrong things and not checking in here as I obviously should have done. Thank you for your help. I'll keep a closer eye on things in the future.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The requirement was never removed, the automatic suspension system is however suspended at the moment. That does not mean we won't do a manual cleanup during the process

xfsgpr76

Reaction score
There is a requirement to log in at least once every 30 days to keep a free hosting account active.

Are there any plans to extend this 30 day perod to 90 days (or 3 calendar months)? I think 30 days is a bit short because most people are logging in using their App such as Joomla or WordPRess to make changes and logging in via the main website is the last thing they think of. Most of the changes to the websites are done in the app itself so I don't see why they need to login to the cPanel often? Changes are raley made to the account itself. Do you not agree?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Are there any plans to extend this 30 day perod to 90 days (or 3 calendar months)? I think 30 days is a bit short because most people are logging in using their App such as Joomla or WordPRess to make changes and logging in via the main website is the last thing they think of. Most of the changes to the websites are done in the app itself so I don't see why they need to login to the cPanel often? Changes are raley made to the account itself. Do you not agree?

It's been 30 days ever since 2006; I don't think they'll be changing it any time soon. The login requirement is to detect accounts that are not being used by the owner. Your website could have a lot of users, but if the owner isn't around, then there's no one managing it. And, if no one is managing it, then it could be compromised, or the space could be free for someone who is actually going to be around. And it would be nearly impossible to tie every software installation into the inactivity system, so logging in to Wordpress or Joomla really couldn't be tied to the inactivity timer. Servers can cost thousands of dollars a month, so to give free hosting to people who logged in once and never again is a bad investment :p

Status
Not open for further replies.