April Fools Day

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Google changes name to Topeka
"Early last month the mayor of Topeka, Kansas stunned the world by announcing that his city was changing its name to Google. We’ve been wondering ever since how best to honor that moving gesture. Today Google has officially changed our name to Topeka."

From London: (Actually found this in my local Texas newspaper)
The Sun has reported it has developed the world's first flavored newspaper page and invited readers to lick a square of newsprint "to reveal a hidden taste." Just below the spot to be licked was the fine-print warning: "May contain nuts."

The Daily Telegraph said an Internet service provider plans to use tunneling ferrets to deliver broadband services to remote areas, and BBC radio's "Today" program ran an item claiming new research in Stratford-upon-Avon had revealed that William Shakespeare's mother was French.

The Daily Mail, meanwhile, claimed staff at car-breakdown service the Automobile Association are to be fitted with jet packs to fly over traffic jams and reach stranded motorists.

The Daily Mirror ran a picture of Queen Elizabeth apparently taking a a flight with the budget airline easyJet, while The Independent reported that nuclear scientists want to turn London's Circle Line subway into a particle accelerator similar to the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland. It said there were safety concerns about "a mini-black hole being created at Westminster (home to Britain's Parliament) when the two proton beams collide."

Who says the British have no sense of humor?

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
The independent one was bad, so bad that it reminded me it was april fools.

~Callum

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
l1u0G9.jpg

On NeoBux. When clicked the red button appears and just jumps around, making it impossible to click (But I managed to click it anyway)

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
l1u0G9.jpg

On NeoBux. When clicked the red button appears and just jumps around, making it impossible to click (But I managed to click it anyway)

How you managed to click? I was not able to click it :(

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
I prefer Project Virgle er... Vireka, I think is the new proper name. Seems like it'd be cool. :cool:

plus I thought it'd be fun to come back for a day

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I wasn't aware it was April fools day until a bit ago. I seriously thought that Google had changed their name xD

ilsonowl

Reaction score
I forgot it was april fools and didnt get up till 1pm, gutted!

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I remember last year, at school, every class changed room, teachers ran like crazy for a whole hour.