Archive BackUps are not completing

Status
Not open for further replies.

stgeorge

Reaction score
If it is not one thing it seems to be another!
I have to write this post into a text editor, then copy and paste it as the Forum just loves javascript! (The most irritating script ever used on the Internet).
My point is this, after a serious amount of time where getting backups from phpMyAdmin took over six months to resolve:
https://x10hosting.com/community/th...download-database-backups.193166/#post-928164
I now cannot get file manager archive backups, they just hang after over 20 minutes.
This is not to say they will not complete, (probably will run into hours), however at least I could get archive backups of files. Now it does not look like this essential function will work as it is required to do.
Is this some new daft cPanel implementation or option that cPanel Admins are using???
I realize that cPanel itself is becoming so resource intensive that sites using it are simply relegated to a second division, so that cPanel itself will actually function, however any website Control Panel is there to service the website, not the other way round.
Can someone deal with this essential problem?
Sorry to sound so irritated, it seems that whenever there is a server move, cPanel update or any form of upgrade it takes an age to sort it out.
The whole hosting here sometimes seems like it is a learning curve, when in fact it is quite simple!

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi stgeorge,

I now cannot get file manager archive backups, they just hang after over 20 minutes.
Sorry to hear you are having issues. Please could you clarify your problem? Is this an issue in the cPanel File Manager when extracting a file, or have I misunderstood? :)

Thank you,

stgeorge

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Dead-i.
When I try to create an archive of an add on domain in cPanel File Manager all I get is the status bar. The archive will not complete in any of the archive options I am offered.
Normally you would get a list of the files and a confirmation that the directory has been archived.
I am on xo1 server.
signup sub domain allscripts.x10.mx

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi stgeorge,

What compression type are you choosing when creating your archive? Please could you try a "Tar archive" and let me know if it goes any faster? :)

Thank you,

stgeorge

Reaction score
Thanks for looking at this Dead-i.
The domain to be archived is 112MB according to 'Disk Space Usage'.
It took 11 minutes to complete as a .tar, 78MB (so at least it completed).
However .zip and .tar.gz do not complete, (giving them both 1 hour), gave up after that.

stgeorge

Reaction score
A footnote after my last post it took 11 minutes to complete as a .tar, 78MB however it archived with the wrong extension .gz, (however at least it completed and I could open it after changing the extension to .tar on my computer). However I would not trust this as a backup as the directory size seems too low, when open, for this domain, the directory was only 68MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.