Armadillo CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecatg

Reaction score
I have a CMS called Armadillo from Nimblehost.com that requires Apache to work, is Apache installed for free accounts and if not Is there a way I can get it, thanks.

williamian@me.com

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
As I understand.....

Armadillo is CMS (content management system) built specifically for RapidWeaver

AND

RapidWeaver is built exclusively for the Mac OS X platform
###
x10hosting runs Linux on their servers - which also run a 'Apache' lookalike

firecatg

Reaction score
My site is built with RapidWeaver and works fine, but Armadillo does not???

Any ideas.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Firecatg,

As far as I can tell, you should be fine with using Armadillo on our servers. You will just have to upload everything from Rapidweavre onto our servers, and some additional configuration may be necessary, but we don't support specific software--it's up to you to get it working.

bdstiller provided you with some incorrect information. We do have Apache installed for your use on the servers (Specifically, we use nginx with a reverse proxy setup through apache, but that's of no matter).

Regards,

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
bdstiller provided you with some incorrect information. We do have Apache installed for your use on the servers (Specifically, we use nginx with a reverse proxy setup through apache, but that's of no matter).

It is my understanding that the free-hosting servers run [ LiteSpeed Web Server ] by LiteSpeed Technologies
which is a "Apache" Drop-in Replacement (a 'Apache' lookalike)
###

when you try to load a file that is not in your free-hosting account (site) you see --> "Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server"
if you do not use custom error pages
###

If you run this PHP script - on your free-hosting server - you will 'see' --> "LiteSpeed"
PHP:
<?php print "Server software is ==> " . $_SERVER['SERVER_SOFTWARE'] . " <==<br>\n"; ?>

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I stand corrected--it's been a while since I've been back at x10, when I was here last, we were using nginx+Apache.

My statement still stands -- the software will most likely work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.