Armageddon

JuniorD

Reaction score
Many civilizations, religions, people, and prophesiers have been predicting Armageddon throughout time. The most known date for the world to end, is December, 21st, 2012. This has been thought by many countries and civilizations. They will be listed below.

1. The Mayan calender, which shows distinct times and dates of lunar eclipses, which would be accurate 1000 years later, suddenly ends at 2012, December 21st, sometime in the morning.

2. French prophesiers predict the end of the world, sometime early in the 21st century.

3. American scientists believe a meteor may hit the world December 21st, 2012.

4. The ancient Chinese, about a century before the pyramids where built, made a book called the I Cheng. It had about 64 different predictions, all with lines and broken lines. If you put these lines in order from the time the book was made, on a time line, it will show the world end the 21st, 2012.

5. The Christian bible, as some see in revelations, seem to have a few prophecies fulfilled. Many people have set upon this and have been trying to figure out the prophecies.

6. Incredibly, there is a actual web-program that was made in the 90's that predicts what will happen in time. It predicted the stock market going down when 9/11 happened, when the USA started another war, and so forth. It predicted 20,000 people dieing in Britain, some days slightly after the Apocalypse. It even brings up a global decline in its lines. I believe this project is called "Web Bot"

(A lot more are out there but x10 will probably have 1GB of a text file if I keep going into detail)

What do you think about these theories? Agree or disagree? You decide.

Last edited:

marshian

Reaction score
We'll see when it's 2012-12-21, but imo, it's not true. The end of the world has been predicted many times before this, and it still exists. It's almost undoubtly the world will end, but there's absolutely no hard evidence for a date.
Tha Maya's could have said their calender was long enough now, the French could have based their ideas on the Mayan calendar, the Americans don't appear to have any evidence (as there's no global panic), I don't get what you mean with the Chinese so I'll skip that, the Christian bible... some see forfilled prophecies, some just don't, that program-thing can't possebly know everything about the world, so I'm guessing it's a nice program, but shouldn't be thrusted too much...

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I've heard about 21th december, 2012 many times before in TV and on the web. It is just wait and see what happens.

gomarc

Reaction score
All the predictions of the end of the world are and have always been 100% correct.
It happens all the time.
We can’t tell because just before it happens, we move into the nearest parallel universe so everything looks and feels fine. Nothing to worry about!

Oh, by the way, the next one is due in 5 minutes, so I’m going to backup my files just in case. ( - I’m a Y2K End of the World survivor! - )

DarthVadre

Reaction score
"Matthew 24:42-44 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. 43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. 44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh."
I guess if the bible's right it won't be 12.21.12
Yeah, there's a lot more out there. I'm fascinated by Crystal Skulls, which really do exist, and are more startling than you'd think.
Something's going to happen. Will humanity die off? Who knows? Maybe that black hole in the center of the Milky Way' (yes, the one the Mayans believed in) going to through the planet off it's course from magnetic fluctuations. Or maybe, it will be a self-fulfilling prophesy and we'll destroy the planet with nukes.
Merlin the Magician (yes he was a real person, but no, I don't believe there's magic) believed the planets would 'run riot' which would be possible from magnetic fluctuations altering speed and rotation of the said planets. Merlin also believed that during this time people would communicate with 'talking stones'. Most of our modern technology uses Quartz, which also happens to be what the Mayan Crystal Skulls are made of.
These Crystal Skulls could supposedly talk to them. The frightening fact is it may have been possible (see earlier link). With these 'computer skulls' they could have had more advanced knowledge than we could dream of.
The I Cheng just shows that 2012 is not just a time they decided to end the calender. Something is going to happen, and we just don't know.
And I haven't even started talking about the Web Bot Project...

Last edited:

MadameSkylark

Reaction score
If the world ended every time some bum on the street corner told us it would, we would be f'd in the a many times over.

I notice you provided many sources to back up this 12/21/12 day. It's an impressive array. However, something like 5 million peopple believed that the world was going to end in 2000, and all of our computers would crash. Still here it seems. I wouldn't worry too hard and fast about the end of the world, but when the day comes...you could try drinking a few pints, grabbing your towel, and trying to hitch a ride on a Volgon star ship.

wolfy67

Reaction score
I just love when people use the Bible to predict the end of the world.

If anyone believes the Bible says the world will end on this date please read the book of Revelations carefully. Timeline: Big battle, 1,000 years of peace, final battle, end of world. Have you seen a solid millennium of peace? No? Me either. Guess that means no end of the world on 12/21/12.

As far as a meteor hitting the earth and wiping out half the population... well, that would mean more resources for the rest of us. Yay!

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Well then that's bad news for my brother, his birthday is December 21st. Heh.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Well then that's bad news for my brother, his birthday is December 21st. Heh.
Now that would not be a nice birthday present. "Happy Birthday, the world is going to end today" lol.

I don't think ythe world is going to end any time soon. Well at least I hope not lol.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I think this is hype; seriously, how is the world going to end?

anirtak143

Reaction score
this scares me because somehow i believe in some things like these especially when this is a "hard to come up coincidence"... surely, those "guesses" were made by different people hundreds of miles away from each other...

this may be a coincidence, but if its only a coincidence, it would be so cool. lets wait for Dec. 21.. heheh...
if not, then its "goodbye world"... a new programming syntax example to people in heaven.. heheh

jollyrog

Reaction score
The end of the world, in most cases, is most commonly used to depict the second coming of god in whatever religion you choose.

It has been predicted thousands of times throughout the ages (the most recent being Nostradamus predicting the end in late 1999 or 2000, though in actual fact there were over 30 failed end of the world predictions that didn't happen in 2000).

I don't believe in them, I think they are a load of rubbish quite frankly. The world isn't just suddenly going to end unless we do it ourselves through all out world wide nuclear war or something similar.

People who go around scare mongering are idiots in my opinion.

Dan

Reaction score
Please when posting in this thread from now on, make sure that you are not just repeating what someone else has said and make sure you are not just posting a one liner such as 'This isn't true'. Posts should say why you like it and why you don't like the other or why you think this, and why you think that person is wrong etc. etc.