AT&T to buy T-Mobile for $39B

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Found out about this yesterday afternoon. I can say for sure that already, Comcast and AT&T are huge companies. While I'm sure the deal will be approved, as of right now it's not official and set in stone.

What I'm interested in seeing is what would happen to T-Mobile's "Unlimited" usage packages since AT&T did away with those last year.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
According to what I know...they're not getting rid of some key features T-Mobile has... T-Mobile makes all the money it makes because of those features... At&T doesn't want to only offer x...they want what T-Mobile has and it's profits.

Basically because At&T got rid of y...they think it would cost too much to start Y all over again, an entire sector in their company was cleared when they got rid of unlimited things. They think TMobile does x better, and thus want x...

Mergers/buyouts have a purpose...either to decrease costs for a company and increase profits....or to simply have something they don't already have.

Regardless...T-Mobile ripped me off years ago and well At&T is a piece of $h^+ for basically doing the same to me at the moment.

azntechguy

Reaction score
Mergers/buyouts between large companies rarely turn out to be favorable to the consumer. And this one just so happens to create a monopoly of GSM Cellular Services in the United States (Yes, I know there are independent regional GSM service providers - but they are minuscule in comparison).

Anybody who seriously thinks that AT&T will continue honoring T-Mobile USA's offerings beyond three years or will price their services more competitively in compensation is naive at best.

The DOJ should really step in and prevent this from taking place. But I imagine AT&T and Deutsche Telekom are well on their way paying off politicians to let this one go through anyway.