Attention: [PLEASE READ] Regarding Boru MySQL databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

As a lot of users on Boru may be aware there is an issue with MySQL which is preventing all databases from being seen/accessed.

This was due to a bug that seems to have wiped out the remote mysql host for all users and also dropped all mysql users from their databases.

There is an easy way to fix this, please follow the simple steps listed below.

Add a MySQL user back to a database:

Step 1. Log into cPanel as normal.

Step 2. Scroll down to "MySQL Databases" and click on it.

Step 3. Scroll down until you see "Add user to database".

Step 4. Select the correct user and correct database from the drop down boxes.

Step 5. Press "Add". (Note: It may take a little bit of time for this to load sometimes)

Step 6. Select "All privileges"

Step 7. Press "Make changes".

That's it for adding a MySQL user to a database. Just ensure if you have multiple databases you add the correct user otherwise it still won't work.

Add MySQL remote host:

Step 1. Press "Home" in the upper left corner of cPanel

Step 2. Scroll down to "Remote SQL" and press on it.

Step 3. In the box that says "Host (% wildcard is allowed)" type "int.boru.x10hosting.com".

Step 4. Press "Add host".

That's all for adding the remote host.

I'm going to leave this thread open, please do not spam it with support requests, if you've done the steps listed here and it still doesn't work, please create a support ticket. This thread will only be open for suggestions or improvements or any other questions you might have.

pickyj

Reaction score
both not working!

Please help me on chopin server! Fantastico doesn't have access to the DBs as well as me (I can't "see" them and i can't create a DB/user or add remote host)

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
both not working!

Please help me on chopin server! Fantastico doesn't have access to the DBs as well as me (I can't "see" them and i can't create a DB/user or add remote host)

You are on Chopin, this thread is relating to Boru MySQL please make a ticket about Chopin and one of the staff will look into it as soon as they can.

after make steps, the site go's on imediately or we wait a few time ?

I have fixed your website, it loads fine now.

expertsarena54

Reaction score
hello everyone,

For me there is no database user but database available so i have created a new user in same old name :)

Its working now

This is for those are having same issue like me :)

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No, that will not conflict, just re-create the user with the same password as well and then attach it to the database as stated above. Let me know how it goes.

gwunta

Reaction score
Hi, I followed your instructions and got one of my websites back up and running. The other, however, still remains down. I am almost completely certain that I used the same user for each MySQL database that I created originally, and restored that user to each of the databases (one for each site) however, as I mentioned, one of the sites is still down. Can you please assist me in recovering the original database user details or in resolving this issue.

Many thanks

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, please post here under the forum account that has the account that is not working linked to it. That way i have access to all your client details.

gwunta

Reaction score
Sure, the account name is gwunta. This is my account and forum username

thanks for the prompt response

rfuly

Prime Account
Reaction score
I followed the steps you provided and I am still getting the "wrong username/password" when I try to use the phpMyAdmin. I am on Boru.

Thanks,
Renato

alpinistory

Reaction score
Hello. I get "Error establishing a database connection" instead of my account's admin page.
I'm on the boru. I made all steps, but there is no changes in my situation.
And there (part 1, step 4) was no database user. I created another one (with the same username and password) and follow next steps. It takes no effect
I'm still need a help.

After this have entered phpMyAdmin and saw "phpMyAdmin - error
#1130 - Host 'int.boru.x10hosting.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server" there. And this despite the fact that int.boru.x10hosting.com already added in the previous process. What can this mean?

adrianomm51

Reaction score
I add int.boru.x10hosting.com to Remote Database Access Hosts and my site is back online. However, phpmyadmin was not working.

So I add boru.x10hosting.com (without the int) to Remote Database Access Hosts and now phpmyadmin is working fine...

Thanks

magicalmiracles

Reaction score
This does not work. For one, the user in question was not listed, (no users were listed).

I ended up looking at my Wordpress config file to try and retrieve the details, which I did, and I tried to add the exact same user, same pass to the DB, and I'm still getting the error.

Kinda frustrated here.

billyjer

Reaction score
I don't know how to direct the database. My friend set all this stuff up for me so i'm at a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.