attn: Corey - Enabling ASP.NET, .NET 2.0 framework

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaperman

Reaction score
I'll hopefully have a solution tomorrow that will enable it for everyone without having to ask. I'll post something tomorrow about it when I try it out.

-Corey

Any progress? Don't mean to be a nag...I know you've got your hands full with more important stuff..Just wondering since I didn't see a post from you about it yesterday.

If it looks like it's going to be a while before you can enable it for everyone, if you could enable it for just my site I'd appreciate it.

I'm eager to get my site up and running and since it's coded in ASP I can't do any testing/development until ASP.NET is enabled. My hosting account user id is xb on Absolut.x10. Do you need any more info than that?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If I can't get it working for everyone tomorrow I'll try my best to get it working on your account only.

Bump this up tomorrow to remind me ;)

-Corey

eagleeyed

Reaction score
Oh, I was just wondering if ASP.NET is available. This answered my question. I am also eager to use this in about 3 weeks if it will be implimented by then, I am on skyy (Paid Server).

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Reaperman, can you try using ASP on your account?

Reaperman

Reaction score
Looks like something has changed...now instead of the source code being displayed I'm getting the following error when trying the URL below.

http://xb.x10hosting.com/xB_Project/Default.aspx

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.39 Server at xb.x10hosting.com Port 80

This website is coded in ASP.NET, .NET2.0. I remember reading that if you're using mod_mono there's a different configuration for .NET2.0 than .NET1.x

"Work has started in some of the features of 2.x in Mono. To run these applications you must use xsp2 (which loads the 2.x assemblies instead of the 1.x assemblies)."

Also it looks like not all of .NET2.0 is supported yet. see below.

"This is currently missing support for WebParts, but other than that it is mostly complete. We are looking for testers."

More info can be found here. http://www.mono-project.com/ASP.NET

I'm fairly new to coding in ASP.NET. I'm looking through the code now to see where and if I used any "WebParts" I believe I did. There's an option on site to change themes through the browser that is probably what they call a WebPart. When I get a chance I'll disable that part of the code and try it again.

Here's the details on what WebParts are and what they do.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e0s9t4ck(vs.80).aspx

I edited out the theme picker and tried uploading a couple of examples I was sure didn't use WebParts.....still getting the same error. I believe in IIS you have to set the directory as an application. Do you have to do something similar on the Apache server?

Last edited:

Reaperman

Reaction score
Been a couple of days....Still getting the error below when trying to load my ASP.NET pages.

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.39 Server at xb.x10hosting.com Port 80

Bump

Reaperman

Reaction score
For some reason this thread was closed as being resolved...as it hasn't been resolved I'm re-opening the thread. I posted a new thread about the same issue prior to re-opening this thread...took me a while to find the thread tools to re-open it. Sorry.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Will reply in your new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.