well, my first 3D thing I did on my own and ever

My second (same but with glow effect):

waterplanetglow.jpg

well, another one:

waterplanetglowsplash.jpg

medphoenix

Reaction score
nice
which version did u use for this 8.5 or 9?
Try to increase the polygons, the effect will be better than now.

(I like Autodesk 3ds max)

modelpilot

Reaction score
Maya is a great piece of software, and can be used by a number of other pieces of software. For kids, Google SketchUp is brilliant as they can quite simply create their images.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
nice

autodesk maya 2008 complete.
We will get 2009 complete soon

DIGI_Byte

Reaction score
nice

He doesnt appear to have a low poly count it appears to be turbo smoothed or possibly nurbs or simply noise on a sphere, as it seams to have a watery look to it.

(I use 3ds max aswell)

Last edited:

pandong

Reaction score
uhmm.. what is this anyway? a moon of some sorts? sorry but i really can't figure it out..

DIGI_Byte

Reaction score
I believe it was just a play around thing, you know more or less a test to see what you can do in the software. Personally I think its a sphere or water and it can glow.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
He doesnt appear to have a low poly count it appears to be turbo smoothed or possibly nurbs or simply noise on a sphere, as it seams to have a watery look to it.

(I use 3ds max aswell)

Well, I took the globe under "surfaces" then I went to the fluids tab and pressed "make material ocean" or something. I tried with a polygon sphere to but I couldn't see any difference.

Nathan H

Reaction score
I used to use gmax which is a free version of 3dsmax, but it's really hard to create anything on either. well done!

DIGI_Byte

Reaction score
Gmax is OLD school, limited, and an unstable POS, I highly recomend moving ot new software.
If your into modeling for games and mods, I highly recomend Softimage XSI mod tool, the interface is different and there are some differences between how every software works but its the way to go.

if your into more show casy stuff like Backgrounds and other stuff or simply exporting models i'd recomend modeling Maya, but if you got the money i HIGHly recommend 3Ds max, where you can mot only acess advanced features but work in layers in the modiefiers panel allowing severl layers of edits with out destroying your work allowing you to simply roll back on your work.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Gmax is OLD school, limited, and an unstable POS, I highly recomend moving ot new software.
If your into modeling for games and mods, I highly recomend Softimage XSI mod tool, the interface is different and there are some differences between how every software works but its the way to go.

if your into more show casy stuff like Backgrounds and other stuff or simply exporting models i'd recomend modeling Maya, but if you got the money i HIGHly recommend 3Ds max, where you can mot only acess advanced features but work in layers in the modiefiers panel allowing severl layers of edits with out destroying your work allowing you to simply roll back on your work.

Maya was from the begining like 5 differrent programs that was smashed together.

3DSmax doesen't do the x, y, z the right way. Come on, they take z as x.

DIGI_Byte

Reaction score
Maya was from the begining like 5 differrent programs that was smashed together.

3DSmax doesen't do the x, y, z the right way. Come on, they take z as x.

if your referring to .3ds files when exporting max rotates it 90 degrees on a axis (not sure which one) you can toggle this option though.

DIGI_Byte

Reaction score
Folliage?
Foliage is how its spelt, and refferes to plant life, in particular trees

Over all the bridge is alright for a beginner, its nice clean and simple. as your first real attempt at modeling AFAIK, (first ones you showed doesn't count as modeling)
Your on a great start and with more exploration of the program you should look into ways to implement some more advanced ways to get a detailed model that is created NOT just looking good but on a polygon level well optimized

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Foliage is how its spelt, and refferes to plant life, in particular trees

Over all the bridge is alright for a beginner, its nice clean and simple. as your first real attempt at modeling AFAIK, (first ones you showed doesn't count as modeling)
Your on a great start and with more exploration of the program you should look into ways to implement some more advanced ways to get a detailed model that is created NOT just looking good but on a polygon level well optimized

yeh. I have had only one lesson with 3D sofar. Today I have my second :p. Sytarts in 10 minutes.