Automatic Suspension

ipswitch8259

Reaction score
Hello.. How come I'm automatically suspended for high resource usage? My site is just a simple blog and their are no other members but my self only.. There are no chat or other scripts that I know of that can cause a high resource usage cause I just installed the script automatically that is featured in the cpanel itself..

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you have any plug-ins installed on the blogging software you are using?

ipswitch8259

Reaction score
none.. just banners and links.. I suspect I got automatically suspended when I advertised to a Paid To Surf website, cause I got a 1000 visits in just few seconds.. does that mean I am not allowed to advertise to Paid To Surf Websites?

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Several thousand visitors a second would probably trip the high resource useage if it was continious. A flat/static site may of gotten away with it but anything using a database would of spiked badly. If your site is fortunate to get that kind of traffic and you want to stay on free hosting then a big rewrite would be needed to keep some or rather most of the blog in the client side storage storage area. Note: Do not confuse Client side storage with browser cache they are different

At least that way returning visitors cause less of strain, if they are all unique first time visitors then things get a little more hairy. There are ways of spreading the load around but synchronising the database across several free domains is a time consuming nightmare, so proabably better to go pro and pay for the hosting.

As for PTS being a violation or not I defer to the higher authorities here.

gumpmail80

Reaction score
Hello.. How come I'm automatically suspended for high resource usage? My site is just a simple blog and their are no other members but my self only.. There are no chat or other scripts that I know of that can cause a high resource usage cause I just installed the script automatically that is featured in the cpanel itself..

I don't think so because of that banned, but because you did not use this forum.