Backup Update

Cynical

Reaction score
This is quite the service for free hosting ... many other hosts won't even reply to users' emails!

I've only logged onto my cPanel briefly and it seems good, and I noticed a new feature too (or maybe I was just blind before) :).

Thanks for the great service.

EDIT: Question: There is now a WWW directory that is identical to the public_html directory...? Which one should be used (or should I just not be messing with it yet)?

Thanks again :).

Last edited:

SecureStealth

Reaction score
BigEmmaFanz said:
SecureStealth said:
I dont mean to rush but i opened a support ticket a week ago and i was wondering when will it be answered?

my email address is iwish42much@yahoo.com and my ticket number is #713972.

You were supposed to receive an email before the wipe starts and it's already almost done. If you didn't, then unless I'm wrong, I'm afraid it's too late and that your account will also be wiped.

well i have a pretty up to date back up on my hard drive so i guess i need to register again? i'll just wait until all the stuff is being done upgraded.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
@SecureStealth - yes just wait until we allow sign-ups again and you can get a new account.

@Cynical - they are the same thing, one is the ACTUAL directory name and one is a shortcut to it, i have used both before, i dont think it matters. (i'd use public_html to be safe)
Cynical said:
EDIT: Question: There is now a WWW directory that is identical to the public_html directory...? Which one should be used (or should I just not be messing with it yet)?

WoMBaT

Reaction score
I had my own domain and didn't make a tickit, does this mean I have to wait longer?

Jimbob

Reaction score
Mines not up yet. But, if everyone elses are coming up. I must be on the list :D Hats off x10

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
YAY. My site is back up. Thanks a lot Corey and staff! This is the best host there ever is!

BigEmmaFanz

Reaction score
Cynical said:
This is quite the service for free hosting ... many other hosts won't even reply to users' emails!

I've only logged onto my cPanel briefly and it seems good, and I noticed a new feature too (or maybe I was just blind before) :).

Thanks for the great service.

Thanks again :).

The www directory and the public_html directory is the same thing... =p

papaia

Reaction score
mine up again thanks corey and others u are the best hosting ever!!!!!!!

Last edited:

greattastic

Reaction score
yay! mine's back up :-D Luckily the downtime fell perfectly for me, on a weekend since I don't put a new comic up on sat. or sun.

My cpanel doesn't work though, I'm getting the low disk space error, ftp works though :)

dharmil

Reaction score
greattastic said:
yay! mine's back up :-D Luckily the downtime fell perfectly for me, on a weekend since I don't put a new comic up on sat. or sun.

My cpanel doesn't work though, I'm getting the low disk space error, ftp works though :)

is there something wrong with php?

Mr. Coolkat

Reaction score
lilleece06 said:
So don't get on until tonight?

I wont do that then..
I only checked if page mine was working so i think that is not a problem.
I wait till tomorrow

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
I continue to wait, I see that some people have their site up, but mine still aint up. I have noticed that I have never gotten a reply to the ticket i sent a while ago. Im starting to get worried.

Jimbob

Reaction score
don't worry. If you submitted it you should be fine.
mines not up either :(

mattspec

Reaction score
Sorry for the inconvience!
The filesystem mounted at /home/spectrep on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

anyone know what is causing this?

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
Well, I own a server. (Private Home Server) When some one tells me they cant upload or download, it is ussually in use by an admin user, updating, or crashing. I could be wrong though.

elserge82

Reaction score
mattspec said:
The filesystem mounted at /home/spectrep on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

Have the same prob but no worries all we have to do is to wait and see:)

mattspec

Reaction score
elserge82 said:
mattspec said:

Have the same prob but no worries all we have to do is to wait and see:)

sorry i should have searched more before posting, but the answer to that question was answered by Tylor here

http://www.x10hosting.com/showthread.php?t=11232-disk+space