Bakery Site #2

rampagegroup

Reaction score
After having trouble with my previous site and the folks at x10 being so helpful, I decided to redo the entire site and would appreciate any critique.

www.whitesailsbakery.com

Thanks to all who made suggestion on my previous site and hope this will fare better.

Thank you in advance!

Lance

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks well organized but why did you used "dirty" green for your main color?

digitalimages

Reaction score
I like the colour, very nice site. If I was in Tantallon I would stop in to buy bread just because you have a nice clean and tidy web site!!

rampagegroup

Reaction score
I like the colour, very nice site. If I was in Tantallon I would stop in to buy bread just because you have a nice clean and tidy web site!!

Thanks! Almost blushing :)

I bought the property and fixed it up as you see in the header pic. Needed a cozy site to reflect a waterfront bakery. Still working the site as it's my first.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
You don't have to post, only sign in.

It's a nice site. I think that you should change the green to a different colour because I disagree with you, I don't think green is a warm colour.

It's a very nice site except for that :)

~Callum

rampagegroup

Reaction score
You don't have to post, only sign in.

It's a nice site. I think that you should change the green to a different colour because I disagree with you, I don't think green is a warm colour.

It's a very nice site except for that :)

~Callum

Well, that's 2 comments on the color. Guess I should look at it. What color do you suggest?

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, I'm a web designer and I stand behind each and every comment or suggestion I give. When you learn web design first thing you have to do is learn "color theory". My comment was based on my knowledge as well as my experience.

I haven't said that your colors don't add up just cos I didn't like it, I had a reason for it. I won't explain it know cos I think that would be to complicated but I will suggest a solution based on it.

Use some shade of yellow (lighter perhaps) for the main color (background and stuff), orange or red for links and other elements. Yellow is warm color (it doesn't get warmer then that :) ), it adds up with your logo and it is a main color of almost all bakery products. There are many other reasons why yellow-orange-red combination is the best one for your site but I suppose your are not interested in that much theory :)

I leave the rest for you to experiment ;)

rampagegroup

Reaction score
Well, I'm a web designer and I stand behind each and every comment or suggestion I give. When you learn web design first thing you have to do is learn "color theory". My comment was based on my knowledge as well as my experience.

I haven't said that your colors don't add up just cos I didn't like it, I had a reason for it. I won't explain it know cos I think that would be to complicated but I will suggest a solution based on it.

Use some shade of yellow (lighter perhaps) for the main color (background and stuff), orange or red for links and other elements. Yellow is warm color (it doesn't get warmer then that :) ), it adds up with your logo and it is a main color of almost all bakery products. There are many other reasons why yellow-orange-red combination is the best one for your site but I suppose your are not interested in that much theory :)

I leave the rest for you to experiment ;)

Well, I will definitely take your experience into consideration and I appreciate your input.

Thanks
Edit:
Before I test other color schemes, does anyone else have an opinion on my color choice? Appreciate all input.

Thanks

Last edited: