Basic HTML and Images - Why does it NOT WORK!!!

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
Hmm weird... I get it shown as the screenshot below. The same in Firefox 3 and IE8...

Alex

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    251.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
that is wierd indeed.

try clearing your cache?

it might be that its loading old images/incomplete images.

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
OK, tried clearing the cache and that didnt work in FF or IE8 - still working in IE 8 compatibility mode... I asked a friend to check it on his Mac with Safari, and said it doesnt work (comes up with the gaps in the images as in my screenshot).

I will try it on a different PC that has never been to the page before and see if that works...

Alex

EDIT: OK, I have just tried it on my Eee PC, which has a different OS (XP), different resolution, different browsers and same results - works in IE7 and not in Google Chrome (Dont have Firefox on my Eee). Ive never visited that page on my Eee in either browser. Im absolutely stuck as to the problems, works on some computers and not others. Ive tried it on a 1024x768 (ie not widescreen) and that doesnt work either. Anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks
Alex

Last edited:

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
I really don't know, but one thing that struck me while browsing the html source is that you open two <body> tags (which I have never seen before) and only close one. Maybe that could be messing something up in some browsers and not others...

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
Right, I think it must be something to do with being inside the CMS page (eg. inside the Magento website) as it works fine if I just launch the edited code created by Photoshop in any browser. I will have another go later and see what I can do.

Thanks
Alex

kirtik

Reaction score
0.o You should be designing sites to fix IE's problems, not FF's...

And you're using photoshop? :/