Basic URL works, addon domain does not

Status
Not open for further replies.

disgrun2

Reaction score
I built a basic html "hello world" type page. When I go to disgruntor.x10host.com, it works -- but, when I go to my addon domain, I get a 404 Not Found:

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It might be worth noting that my addon domain's root is public_html/ -- same as the base URL. I did *not* set it up as a parked domain, because I need to point two separate domains at the same app (I was gonna do one 'addon' and one 'parked'). Is it possible this configuration is causing the issue?

I tested it by changing that domain to a parked domain, and got the same results (worked fine on the x10host url, 404 on the parked domain).

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

disgrun2

Reaction score
In another thread, Anna answered my concerns about addon domains being "illegal" for this usage:

With the basic free plan you can only have one parked domain, if you opt for the prime upgrade you would be able to have two parked domains.

However, you can actually solve this with using an addon domain for the second one, you can simply point the addon domain to the public_html folder instead of the default subfolder option (or you can set both as addons pointed to the same subfolder).

So it looks like I'm allowed to do what I'm doing, but it's not working for some reason.

caftpx10

Reaction score
They wouldn't put out such trick if it was bad so it doesn't seem bad. Don't take my word for it though.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi disgrun2,

When I go to that link, I now see "Oh hello little boy, ohr little gouhrl. 2". Are you still seeing the 404 Not Found? :)

Thank you,

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi disgrun2,

Sorry about that; this should now be resolved. Please could you try again now? :)

Thank you,

disgrun2

Reaction score
Same issue with a new parked domain: midwaymeetup.com. Could you take a look at that also?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi disgrun2,

This should now be fixed for your domain. :)

We're actively looking into why these 404 errors are arising for new domains. ;)

Thank you,

disgrun2

Reaction score
You're a champion, Dead-i. Thanks for the help, and for the quick responses!

Status
Not open for further replies.