• Total voters

neverlate2day

Reaction score
With the release of Chrome(beta),
the browser fight has just got hotter
(In the windows segment only)
In my opinion these are battling for the best browser:
1. Firefox 2
2. Firefox 3 (u can understand why i mentioned it separately)
3. Opera
4. Safari (for windows)
5. Flock
6. Internet Explorer (personally i felt like excluding this from the list, but i'm very found of receiving brickbats)
7. Chrome(beta) (Just an afterthought but i found their logo looks like a pokeball)

So Let the Fight Begin
Edit:
Note: x10 staff, i know you might say this is redundant
but:
1.i ddn't come across all the browsers in one battle
2. they are mostly ie v firefox vs opera
3. No one mentions Flock

PS: Can someone PM how to add a poll

Last edited:

mattura

Reaction score
you add the poll just after you post (but you need to tick the box - 'add a poll')

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I copied from the other thread because this one is very similar (because I don't use those other browsers):

Let me give you a boring list! 10 reason why FF is better than IE.

1) Generally faster except when it is not. Sometime it throws a fit, but what program doesn't?
2) More compliant, displays web pages better, JavaScript engine better.
3) Extremely customizable, tons of addons and extended feature for free.
4) SKINS, how can you live without them. I use a cool NASA night launch skin :p
5) More secure. I am a freak about security and people employed by the NSA don't even allow IE to be installed on their computers!
6) Open source. FF is so reliable because it is looked over by thousands of programmers every day and the FF community.
7) Better allocation of memory. Self explanatory.
8) Great crash control and recovery. Unless on SSL, you get the page that crashed back, unless the page caused the crash, then you don't want to view it again.
9) Extremely well designed program with much less pop ups than IE. Most alerts and the find feature is nicely placed inside the window just above the page in an obstructive way.
10) Smaller, easier and faster to install.

Short and simple, Firefox functions the way it's users want it to and Internet Explorer functions the way Microsoft wants it to. Internet explorer is extremely undeveloped because it creates no revenue for Micro$oft and is full of hole, glitches, ect. Really, the only thing IE is better for is being closely linked with Windows and that is horrible because it fails to work properly with everything else. IE is a bad attempt to make people Windows dependent, and it is working. Everyone who is using IE, don't fall for it!

Well maybe I didn't want to, OK?? I really don't have time to search every single time before I post something.
You should try it, people don't take these sort of important polls seriously because every other week, someone creates a new one.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Internet Explorer is buggy. For that reason alone, Firefox 3 gets my vote. The only reason to use Firefox 2 is is you use Windows 98.

Dan

Reaction score
Added Poll for you :)
Just to say, anymore browser v browser threads will be deleted as this one now more or less has all of them. If anyone wishes an option to be added, I give you permission to PM me.

Anyway, my opinion is Firefox 3 all the way. Firefox has always been the first to have cool features like tabs (I think) and it is way more reliable than something like IE. I must admit the only other one I've tried is Chrome but that's still in BETA so... Also Firefox 3 has support for animated png :)

ALSO: NO short one line comments like "Firefox rules!", small comments like these will recieve a warning as it is clearly against the rules of Crossfire.

Ainokea

Reaction score
firefox 3 is the best... the only problem is some things like online scans require ie which is a pain in the ass...

if firefox could completely replace ie it would be awesome, but microsoft has to stick it in with their os.

Plus firefox has tons of great extensions, greasemonkey, wot, fireftp, mcAfee site advisor, google preview, etc... dont forget themes... Firefox 3 has a very low crash rate compare to first versions and was on of the first with tabs and stuff... IT JUST OWNS!!

Last edited:

iPearl

Reaction score
If it wasnt for IE beig integrated into Windows. I Like Chrome and FireFox. But the fact that i will have 2 browsers is anoying so i jsut stick with IE. LOL

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I've been a Firefox user for the past 4 or so years. I remember when my friends laughed at me for using Mozilla, but now they all use it.

It's hands down the best web browser out.

I've used Chrome and I like the speed, but it just doesn't have the add-on support that Firefox has. Once we see more 3rd party add-ons for it, it'll probably be in a close second to Firefox.

balaji2u

Reaction score
Yeah u r right firefox is the ultimate browsing machine for past ,present and offcourse future..
though chrome is good by look and usability its fetching time as far as i analysed is not so good,,
my vote is only for firefox..
if opera beg me for a vote then i consider it lolzz..

xPlozion

Reaction score
wtf is flock? never heard of it before. chrome when i'm on windows, firefox when i'm not. i spend more time off windows, so i voted firefox

neverlate2day

Reaction score
Since every one's asking, Flock : http://flock.com