Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Chrome

Votes: 31 12.4%

• Total voters

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
As a programmer and a web designer I'll say OPERA!

It's fast, it fallows W3 standards and it has amazingly great features (like mouse gestures, feed reader, and many small but useful things). The core is stable and it uses much less system resources then FF.

Now with Dragonfly I don’t need to use Firebug any more.

I HATE IE!

SasukeNP

Reaction score
i give opera a point =) its fast and really good

and yes IE is silly

F

Fahad

Internet Exploder 8 is web developer friendly. It has loads of validation tools and the like.

No idea how compliant it is though.

Max1337

Reaction score
IE recently came across a major security issue that easily allows hackers to get in and steal your passwords & credit card information.. so it's advised that you don't use it (if you do), I'm using Chrome right now, but if Chrome happens to fail, I'd just use Firefox. :)

idiil

Reaction score
IE8 will rule the browser world once the final version comes out. The beta has many improvements and clearly MS has done a great job. Its the most secure browser as of now (PM me if you nedd sources). And hey IE add ons are coming of age. Check out IE7pro..
That's only if anyone cares.
Short of Windows 7 taking over, I seriously doubt that will be the case.

nexaddo

Reaction score
I find Opera the best because it's fast, has mouse gestures as standard, is light on system resources and foremost because it doesn't just browse the web - you can have IRC, POP3 Mail and the web open all under one program on the taskbar.

idiil

Reaction score
Opera's existence is annoying; just another layout engine to account for. They neither push the envelope nor touch IE6 market share. And, they aren't open source.
A different layout engine that nobody else uses, can use, nor learn from. They haven't even had any ground breaking developments.
They basically don't do anything to help promote competition or benefit the alternative browser community, and yet introduce a new layout engine for web developers to account for (if they care).

GTKILLA

Reaction score
Yep FF3!!!!! Chrome is also good too. I tried it on Vista and it is really fast :). I have noticed that ff3 crashes sometimes when there is major LAG o.o

crabbypup

Reaction score
flock is very closely based on firefox3. in fact i am pretty sure that you can get a plugin to turn your firefox3 into flock. flock is actually just firefox with the addon pre installed. so i am not so sure that flock should be separate from firefox in this poll.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Have any of you ever used Seamonkey?
I find it much less system intensive than Firefox.

idiil

Reaction score
Have any of you ever used Seamonkey?
I find it much less system intensive than Firefox.
Just gave it a try expecting not to like it.
Felt more responsive and like less of a resource hog. If FireBug worked on it, I'd be sold. Bonus points if they got rid of the search sidebar, and replaced it with a quick search box.

I never liked FF's chrome.

rj2728

Reaction score
I like Firefox 3 than FF2, because it is updated :D joke. IE has many bugs and virus can easily go to your computer.

Last edited:

intertec

Reaction score
I like chrome. Could use more addons but the speed I think is much faster then firefox 2 or firefox 3.

Max1337

Reaction score
I like chrome. Could use more addons but the speed I think is much faster then firefox 2 or firefox 3.

That's why I like Chrome, it's faster lol.
Although, right now I'm using Firefox atm... haha

apoorav

Reaction score
Chrome and FireFox are faster but Opera is faster and it does not crashes,
OPERA is best browser and Who doesn't agree to this fact have not tried it , So try and then comment.

vekou

Reaction score
generally, i like chrome, and most of its features. the new redesigned browser experience makes browser easier. especially the concept of an omni-bar which uses only one text box for all your browsing needs. once you get used to the omni-bar, it's hard to get back, believe me. the javascript engine also makes websites with javascript perform better. i tried a webpage with an infinite loop in the script code one time from 3 of the browsers, chrome, firefox and ie, ff and ie, responds very slowly or doesn't respond at all, can't even switch tabs. but with chrome, i can switch tabs like a normally do, leaving the tab with the looping javascript code unresponsive, i guess it's google's implementation of multithreading. too bad, even now, chrome is still in beta. every feature it has is still the basic features, but hey, it's what google wants it to be, just a browser which other browsers will be based on. overall, firefox 3 still is number one.. ..and yeah, IE's still on my last spot.

zer0ne1337

Reaction score
On my slow dial-up connection nothing beats the speed of Chrome! Though I also use Firefox 2, Firefox 3, Opera, Flock, Safari, IE 7 Occasionally. I have named them here according to the frequency i use them! ;)

withambition

Reaction score
I've recently upgraded to Firefox 3. Although it seems very similar to Firefox 2, I don't think it's as user-friendly. Perhaps it will take some getting used to? As of right now, I've enjoyed Firefox 2 the most. That may change, but thus far I'm disliking the overall interface of Firefox 3.