Before I proceed -vBulletin-

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukstevenblue95

Reaction score
I have recently pruchased a vB 4.0 Licence and in the process of installing it, i got an error & account suspension (using max resource etc) which i've unsuspended via ac panel.

Now before i proceed - is there any action im required to follow before installing it like proof of licence etc?

At the moment im planning on building my site on the free hosting deal before i get a premium hosting for a live site.

Im going to hold off trying to re-install it till i get more information on this issue.

Thanks

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, if you have an IRC client you can connect via irc.x10hosting.com If not we'll just have to provide support here, it's just easier to provide live support for this.

ukstevenblue95

Reaction score
Hello, if you have an IRC client you can connect via irc.x10hosting.com If not we'll just have to provide support here, it's just easier to provide live support for this.

im currently at work so i don't have an irc client here , i wouldn't be able to download an IRC client onto this PC. and im not going to be home till 8 Hours.

I wouldn't mind getting support from here if possible.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Of course it's possible. Now i'm thinking the easiest way to do this would be running the tool that your vB recommends in the error message, alternatively you could try the re-install again. The suspension occurred due to the high resources it uses to install, it's not a major problem and we will provide all assistance possible in helping you get this installed.

Can you start by trying to run the tool recommended "The datastore cache may have been corrupted. Run Rebuild Bitfields from tools.php, which you can upload from the do_not_upload folder of the vBulletin package."

ukstevenblue95

Reaction score
Of course it's possible. Now i'm thinking the easiest way to do this would be running the tool that your vB recommends in the error message, alternatively you could try the re-install again. The suspension occurred due to the high resources it uses to install, it's not a major problem and we will provide all assistance possible in helping you get this installed.

Can you start by trying to run the tool recommended "The datastore cache may have been corrupted. Run Rebuild Bitfields from tools.php, which you can upload from the do_not_upload folder of the vBulletin package."

ah in this case i think i will have to get home first

I can ftp into the server but i didnt include the do_not_upload folder as its on my home desktop ahah

Thanks for the help, i will do as above when i get return & jump on irc if i encounter any other issues regarding this.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
With your permission i can attempt to repair it myself if you like?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, are you able to email me your vBulletin customer number please for the installer? The email is Jarryd[@]x10hosting.com

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey,

I fixed it. I'm sending you an email with some information.

Status
Not open for further replies.