Being DDoSed

Wizet

Reaction score
How do you know when your server or computer has been DDoSed or attacked?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
How do you know when your server or computer has been DDoSed or attacked?

You will know if your equipment keeps crashing, firewalls keep reporting excessive amounts of connections coming in and out, and your network/server/connection speed is under unusual load for long durations or is slow for a while, or even working very sporadically. Are you under a DDoS? If your connection is under a DDoS, contact your ISP to have them find out what is going on. The least you can do is change your IP, but it's better to stop the DDoS at the source than just ignore it.

Wizet

Reaction score
Well how about this? When I try going to my 127.0.0.1 or localhost I get an error 503 out of nowhere when I never touched anything except trying to install scripts. But I don't think that, that has anything to do with it.

mattura

Reaction score
Well you know if you are experiencing DoS, if, well, your service doesn't work! (or perhaps is dead slow)
Although there may be other reasons for that...

Wizet

Reaction score
I have no idea how to fix this error. First of all I don't even know how it was started so now I don't have a place to start de-erroring. (if thats a word)

TheMan177

Reaction score
Well firstly, what web server (I'm assuming it's a web server) are you running? And you are sure you've done nothing to the server configuration to cause this?

What makes you assume that the problem is a denial of service attack just like that? What do your router/firewall logs tell you, and what is the state of your network connection and the equipment on your network?

Wizet

Reaction score
-Abyss Web Server
-Nope

-There is a error 503 that comes of nowhere that's why
-I have no router and how do I check firewall error logs?
-I have no idea how to check the rest.
Edit:
update: I can't even access my own localhost now.
Latest Update: I think I found the problem. Abyss crashed on me. I'm trying to see and find where I can find the error logs.

Last edited: