• DS

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • PS1

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Gamecube

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gameboy (any version)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • older than those?!? (please state in reply)

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters

Chris73

Reaction score
Well when i was a kid many many moons ago*chuckles* i had the top of the line atari(not to mention my commadore64) And for it's time it was state of the art. I am pretty sure you might have heard of it LOL

Tomcenc

Reaction score
I voted other:
If you mean with best console of your life, the one you enjoyed most, I must go with the Nintendo 64 for one reason: The Legend of Zelda, the Ocarina of time and Majoras mask where great games which I played over and over again. I still love them and recently started playing Majoras mask again. Mario 64 and Smash bros where great games too. Although I believe over time the DS or Wii might take over that position, currently I had most enjoyment with my Nintendo 64.

knutico

Reaction score
Lovely PS2 gave me lovely times, I enjoyed it a lot, until it broke XD

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Ps2, Wii and the DS.

FalseHope

Reaction score
Since there is no "PSP" choice, I picked PS2 :) Playstation rocks!

Gunshock

Reaction score
Man, N64 was godly for me when i was younger.... Zelda, Mario party, goldeneye man good old times!

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't really like xBoxes.

taekwondokid42

Reaction score
I'll have to admit, many game developers are still getting used to the wii controllers limits and possibilities, but I'd have to say that Metroid Prime 3 is a nearly flawless video game, and raving rabbids is the most hillarious game ever.

PS3 has great graffics, but I hate the controller, and I've never liked any of the xboxes.

Of the older consoles, I've only had a gamecube and a PS2, and although I'm a huge Nintendo fan, PS2 was definitely better than the gamecube.

Hosting4Life

Reaction score
Are you kidding me?

PS3 all the way! Well, I personally own the PS3 and Wii. I think that the Wii is great when you have friends over but the PS3 can also support up to 4 players as well. Anyhoo, the PS3 and Wii were built with great quality unlike the Xbox 360. My friend's 360 gets overheated constantly and it is a pain to ship it back and forth to Microsoft to repair it (Thank god, it has 3 years warranty but I don't think that's enough. :eek4:)

When it comes to electronics, Japanese made company is always the way to go. Microsoft's 360 is great but its only for a short period of time.

Vipey

Reaction score
Erm... my life has been prety short so far but,

I think N64, happy memorys of Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Mario Kart aswell as OOT!

NeonWarrior

Reaction score
im glad people actually took an interest in my poll xD

i put my fav as...the PS2 i think, probably because its the console ive kept plugged in for the longest, i gave up with PS1 when i was younger for a more active life, that ended and i got a PS2 when it came out, had it ever since, but it broke once so we swapped it for a non-faulty one, i now have 2 in the house, one is my little sisters but it doesnt matter because there is one sat ontop of the other!

naynesh

Reaction score
I would choose xbox 360 because

Xbox 360 Core

The Xbox 360 Core is the entry level Xbox 360. It was not originally available in Japan, but was later released on November 2, 2006. In Australia, New Zealand, and Mexico a Media Remote was included as a substitution for the Xbox Live headset in the Xbox 360 Package. The same remote was included for a limited time at launch in the standard white-box package.The Core system comes bundled with composite video cables, capable of only SDTV resolutions. The Core may output HD signals up to 1080p when connected to separately sold Component or VGA cables. It may also use a separately sold 20 or 120 GB hard drive. Best Buy has announced that they will discontinue selling the Core package.

Xbox 360 Premium

The Xbox 360, available at launch, includes all the features of the Xbox 360 Core. The Xbox 360 Premium also includes a detachable 20 GB Hard Disc Drive to store Xbox Live Arcade games, game demos, Xbox LIVE Marketplace TV and Movies, provide compatibility with Xbox games and store game data. The included hard drive comes preloaded with game demos, video clips and a free Live Arcade game, Hexic HD. (These items cannot be recovered if the user chooses to delete them from the drive.) The Xbox 360 Premium also includes a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Xbox 360 headset, while some regions feature an Xbox Media Remote or pre-paid 12 month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold[citation needed]. In July 2007, this version of the Xbox 360 began appearing with the Zephyr motherboard (the motherboard used in the Elite) which features HDMI output and an improved GPU heatsink. The console's packaging displays the HDMI logo to reflect this addition.

Xbox 360 Elite

The Xbox 360 Elite is the third and most expensive variation of the console. It is unique in that it includes a 120GB hard drive, and a matte black finish. The Elite retail package also includes an HDMI cable and a black controller and headset to match the system's black finish. Other matte black accessories are also available. On March 27, 2007, Microsoft confirmed that the Elite would be released in the United States on April 29, 2007 and in Canada on May 4, 2007 permanently and not a 'limited edition' version as originally speculated. The initial release price was US$479.99, C$549.99. and £300.00 The Elite was released in Europe on August 24, 2007, and Australia on August 30.

The Xbox 360 Elite is based on the Zephyr motherboard, which features a HDMI port and a improved GPU heat sink. As of July 2007, Xbox 360 premium consoles are being produced with Zephyr motherboards as well.

Some critics have noted the decision to use the HDMI 1.2a specification instead of the newer 1.3. Microsoft has stated that they are not trying to sell the Xbox 360 Elite to existing users, but to those who have yet to enter the Xbox 360 gaming market; ergo everything on Xbox Live Marketplace will still be optimized for the 20GB Xbox 360 Premium's hard drive.

The Elite's CPU and GPU is still based on the old 90 nm manufacturing process instead of the new 65 nm chips, which is why the Elite shares the same technical difficulties as older Xbox 360 consoles, including but not limited to the hardware failure and high noise levels.

Not including an HD DVD drive internally, the Xbox 360 Elite is in-line with Microsoft's long-stated position in the HD format war. The optional HD DVD drive is not necessary for HD Movie content for Xbox 360 owners as Xbox Live Marketplace provides for on-demand, internet-enabled, direct downloadable HD movies. Observers have noted that would be contrary to Microsoft's long-stated position to not choose sides as it would be a crippling move should the format Microsoft chose ultimately lose the format war.

The promotional campaign for Xbox 360 began on March 14, 2005, with the opening of an alternate reality game called OurColony. Throughout March and April it offered challenges to its community, rewarding solutions with cropped pictures of the console and game screenshots. The end of OurColony came on May 12, 2005, with the release of a video where J Allard of Microsoft showed off the Xbox 360 console. The official unveiling of the Xbox 360 occurred the same day on MTV in a program called MTV Presents: The Next Generation Xbox Revealed. In October 2005, a similar alternate reality game was created, Hex168, to promote the system before launch.

The Xbox 360 was reledased on November 22, 2005, in the United States and Canada; December 2, 2005, in Europe and December 10, 2005, in Japan. It was later launched in Mexico, Colombia, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Chile, India, Brazil, Poland, and Czech Republic. Microsoft has additionally announced official launches in: Hungary, Slovakia, and the Philippinsdes. In its first year on the market, the system launched in 36 countries, more countries than any console has launched in a single year. Due to its early launlch, the Xbox 360 has a one-year lead on both of its competitors, Sony's PlaySktation 3 and Nintendo's Wii.

NeonWarrior

Reaction score
well this is odd! the PS3 and Wii are leading but i expected the 360 to be doign better against the PS3, also Halo 3 just came out, so has anyone changed their minds?

alejo

Reaction score
:hahano:
Edit:
Programando mucho o que parce:cool:
Edit:
No les entiendo por favor algun traductor please?
Edit:
Ya participe NO?
Edit:
Chaossss parceros

Last edited:

wcrip

Reaction score
Original Nintendo. I remember the late nights of Spy Hunter, Wrecking Crew, & Elevator Action... (Of course the L o Zelda as well) those were the times that made me the gaming geek that I am today.

Geninsin

Reaction score
Wii is the best! The other consoles are making the same thing over and over again, just faster and maybe better graphics. But Wii took the challenge in making something completly new. That's why its so cool!