Best font for my website?

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I normally use "Comic Sans MS" because it is easy to read and looks good.

port5900

Reaction score
the best font for the name on the header? the text for the body? the menu? what?
What you really need to do is make a new menu. And dont use Comic Sans. The best font is one that is readable, Comic Sans is a bit "noob" dont design your site the way you would like it. you have to design it the way your customers will like it. If I went to your site and seen comic sands I would be thinking "Is this guy going to trow some leds in a white envelope stick a stamp on it and send it to me?" very unprofessional.
I like your Favicon but maybe change it from a computer case to the LED, the one thats on your header Image.

medphoenix

Reaction score
I always use tahoma or verdana for my webdesigns.......you may try it and take a look.
The above information for the contents of your website, but for heading you can find a lot of art fonts.

tregtar

Reaction score
I always use tahoma or verdana for my webdesigns.......you may try it and take a look.
The above information for the contents of your website, but for heading you can find a lot of art fonts.

I agree with medphenix. Tahoma and Verdana are nice crisp fonts and pleasing to the eye. It's not just the type though the font size is important too. 10pt. has always been my favorite, not too big to be annoying and not so small that I'll go blind.

rlodge

Reaction score
I found this page saying that Comic Sans MS should be banned
That's hilarious. Someone is on a crusade to ban a font? Someone has too much time on their hands. And selling merchandise for it, too? I wonder if sales are sky-rocketing.

As for your question, I think that the style of font should be your personal choice but take into consideration how easy it is to read. I've seen pages done in some type of script that was an eyesore to read. You have to consider the visitors to your site as well as your personal preference.

I personally like Veranda or Arial. I know that may be boring but they are easier on my eyes.

bigjoe4

Reaction score
OK, I have changed it from arial to verdana, I will make a new menu aswell.

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
Tahoma, Arial, Verdana, Georgia or Times New Roman (Last resort) those fonts are the most used in webpages and they don't look all too bad.
Comic Sans MS is more like for a kiddie page design because it has like ugly letters in my opinion :)

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I'd use 'sans-serif' because it looks good on Windows, Linux and Mac that way. Font sizes will be an issue because they're not exactly the same, but you should always allow a little leeway anyway.

And I must agree, although I wouldn't start a petition to ban comic sans it's not the prettiest font in the world.

Last edited:

Frakturedmod

Reaction score
Be creative and design your own font!

That's what I did. Everyone in my class liked it except the tutor... :shifty:

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
when I look at pages that have been created by novices just coming in to the web design, I notice one thing on their page...serif-font
I think it is the worst type of font (next to sans serif, and others not included) to go on a webpage.

go for (Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif) or anything in the sans-serif family

kateblogs

Reaction score
I like Arial and Tahoma, but any sans-serif font will look good, and be easy to read.