Best website builder

cursedpsp

Reaction score
Best free HTML editor and CODE editor would be Notepad++, If you want a WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet editor then i would go for Dreamweaver (CS3 if your really posh, or MX if your more of a classic) - if you are on a tight budget though you can get MSOFFICE 2007 or 2003 with Frontpage.

You cant get any free WYSIWYG editors that are great - Dreamweaver also supports ASP, PHP, HTML, ASP++, ASP VB, JavaScript, JSP.

Pi606

Reaction score
Visual Web Developer 2008 is what I use (its free), with Notepad++ for the PHP. However, if .NET 2.0 ever gets set up, I'll switch to the programming language meant to be used in this program, ASP.NET.

cursedpsp

Reaction score
I gave up on VWD, the GUI is really poor - unlike Visual Basic, it barely has any features on it. Just "insert textbox" and "insert button" and stuff like that - the events are poor aswell. I wouldnt trust ASP.net

Go for PHP, it can be installed on any machine and has more features than ASP.net - ASP is only avaliable to Professional OS - £450-£550!!!

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
Visual Web Developer 2008 is what I use (its free), with Notepad++ for the PHP. However, if .NET 2.0 ever gets set up, I'll switch to the programming language meant to be used in this program, ASP.NET.

Ahem, ASP is already somewhat supported in this server (I heard it's not fully supported it's more like an emulated version of ASP [mono] for linux servers) it's not that great, but it's better than no ASP.

It's Dreamweaver for me. Visual Web Developer isn't that good, but maybe that's because it's free.

naim4u

Reaction score
For just building a simple website , webpagemaker2.5 or site-spinner is the best software.

if u want to build php,asp.net oriented website its neccessary to use WYSIWYG editors softwares

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Best free HTML editor and CODE editor would be Notepad++, If you want a WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet editor then i would go for Dreamweaver (CS3 if your really posh, or MX if your more of a classic) - if you are on a tight budget though you can get MSOFFICE 2007 or 2003 with Frontpage.

You cant get any free WYSIWYG editors that are great - Dreamweaver also supports ASP, PHP, HTML, ASP++, ASP VB, JavaScript, JSP.

Office 2007 doesn't have any version of FrontPage, it's been renamed to Microsoft Expression Web and costs about four times the price. It also sucks more than ever, so don't buy it. Typical stupid monopolistic Microsoft, I hate them.

Dreamweaver is far superior to all the other WYSIWYG and code highlighting website management software. It has all the features you'd need, but its built in FTP sucks bigtime. But seriously, it's by far the best software out there.

-Luke.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd say if you didn't know much about coding HTML and CSS and have a Mac, use SiteStudio (available at http://www.sitestudio.tk/ ) Apple originally pre-installed it on their computers but the developer didn't have time so he just made it available to anyone by releasing the serial/product codes. On a mac, if you want a HTML/CSS editor, use TacoHTMLEdit
Gedit on Gnome (Linux Desktop Environment) works pretty well and has syntax coloring for HTML+CSS.

I don't know about windows though.

:)

satbir

Reaction score
There is one BlueVoda website builder which is good. However it is linked to publish on their hosting. But you can create and preview and save.

Pills1221

Reaction score
^ yea i use blue voda. its pretty simplee to use. just add any picture you want, add buttons or whatever you want. what you see is what you get pretty much. and im still not sure how to "publish" it using blue voda, so i jsut preview, and then save the preview. then i upload it to my server, and it works. i find it really easy to use. and its free :) lol