BEWARE "Sneaky Spam" !!

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Just a thought. Would it be easy to just exclude white color? I mean if you can't use white color for text then there's no problem, right? Who use white text anyway?

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
With different forum themes, the white color may be seen. :p, It may be a use in the near future if x10 ever changes the forum's theme.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
On one of the forums I moderate I've been banning spam bots left and right. I have yet to miss a Sneaky Spam as besides banning them, I blow away every single bit of information and post in their account (Ctrl + A + Backspace on all forms). When it comes down to it, I report Zombied IP addresses to the ISP in charge if it shows to be a heavy spam IP and it's one I come across often (I keep a .txt file of such IP addresses).

Last edited:

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
o_O Meet hot singles in your area
Get big and ripped in days
thats just wrong to take advantage of forums like that...Increase the size of that certain part of the body by 50%
Hot and juicy, wating for you...
ill make sure to keep an eye out for those kinds of postsFree $100 dollar gift card, now(while supplies last, see rules and entry forum for more details)

on a side note, yeah, vbulitan has a lite version, but im not sure how to view itthere is a link on the previous line

Google Texas Lottery by any chance? :biggrin:

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
no but i did google "gold brain enlargement"

zen-r

Reaction score
OK folks, here's a new example of some real "Sneaky Spam" (check it out quick, before someone decides to delete it) ;

http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-to...monitor-news-post-6-30-09-a-2.html#post566203

If his post isn't there any more when you read this, the following is his text - it looks fairly innocuous & people didn't notice it (I won't reproduce the hidden links he included) ;

"Really great! This is I need. thank all eveyone 4 shared !"

....thats just wrong to take advantage of forums like that.
ill make sure to keep an eye out for those kinds of posts...

Despite your bold claims, it was yourself & Twinkie who posted after the spammer, & didn't even notice that his post was spam! ;)

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
OK folks, here's a new example of some real "Sneaky Spam" (check it out quick, before someone decides to delete it) ;

http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-to...monitor-news-post-6-30-09-a-2.html#post566203

If his post isn't there any more when you read this, the following is his text - it looks fairly innocuous & people didn't notice it (I won't reproduce the hidden links he included) ;

"Really great! This is I need. thank all eveyone 4 shared !"

I get spam posts like that on my blog all the time, with seemingly "useful" comments, but then a bunch of garbage after that. I usually can't understand the garbage, similar to how I can't in that post. I usually end up just stripping the whole thing of links so whoever is spamming doesn't get linkbacks from my site.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Despite your bold claims, it was yourself & Twinkie who posted after the spammer, & didn't even notice that his post was spam! ;)

i have failed everyone *performs Seppuku with jagged butcher knife*

zen-r

Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint you, but actually I did see it at the time.

I just didn't feel it was worth bothering everyone with another post in this thread, just to comment on it! (unlike this post ;) ) Nah Nana Nah Nah!

zapzack

Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint you, but actually I did see it at the time.

I just didn't feel it was worth bothering everyone with another post in this thread, just to comment on it! (unlike this post ;) ) Nah Nana Nah Nah!

Nah Nana Nah Nah to you too.. lol