Blue Screen of FREAKING DEATH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nathan

The_End said:
ha ha that will only clear cosmos, which is all your settings back to defualt.

Aren't you the one who said one spam topic will bring down x10hosting's performance?

Yep, I thought so.

Moving on.

James

Banned
Reaction score
It will more piss of the members and staff having to read more crap

Colin

Reaction score
ok people stop argueing!!!. anyways are there any solutions that don't involve reformating or anything like that.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Dewayne said:
Wow sentinent, at first you sounded clever with the whole virus in the flash memory of the motherboard.... Too bad taking out the battery and putting it back in will clear the memory of the motherboard - without a need to reflash the motherboard.

lol really? wow how come cnet didnt mention that as an alternative..

back on topic, try booting in safe mode (press f8 at startup and select safe mode from the list)
then run an antivirus and an antispyware to see if anything is up (make sure your antivirus and antispyware software are updated)

if they cant detect anything, id recommend to reinstall whatever FTP client software you're using (unless of course you're using windows' FTP)

Chris S

Retired
Reaction score
can we get a mod in here to remove some posts that don't help

anyways have you tried getting somebody with an administrative account.

If you can't boot up in save mode and try to login as administrator and install it. I don't think it will work because the microsoft installer isn't loaded in safe mode.

Colin

Reaction score
I have tried everything but reformat, (I don't think that would go over to well with my mom) so I've had to resort to calling my uncle :(...... he's supposed to come over and fix it

robsabla

Reaction score
i got the BSOD but then i pulled out what was a dodge ramstick, shop i bought if from still wont replace the stupid stick. now it works perfectly. try doing a memtest using memtest86. this program can be found in the hiren boot cd bundle (saved my life countless times)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.