Buying a domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

modzw

Reaction score
I have a question about buying a domain. Ok so I have free hosting on here, and my web site is up, and I'm going to buy a domain soon, and a paid web host, so when I buy my domain, how would I transfer all the info from this free hosting to my paided domain and paid web hosting?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
If the paid web hosting is x10Premium, then you can transfer all of your x10Hosting data to there. On the buy page, there is an option to "Transfer existing x10Hosting Account". :)

Also, on the buy page, there is an option called "Have Existing Domain". You can enter your domain name there and also point your domain to the nameservers below:

ns1.x10premium.com
ns2.x10premium.com

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. If your CMS (myBB) has a "backup" function, you can use that. Download the backup, upload to new server. Your CMS's home site should have information on how to do it.

2. If installed via Softaculous, check the command panel in cPanel. It sometimes has a backup feature.

3. Lastly, you can get a copy of your data base files by using the "Export" feature in cPanel-->phpMyAdmin (it downloads automatically) and then you can Zip your files by going to cPanel-->FileManager, etc and then downloading the resulting .zip file. Import the database and upload/unzip the zip file to your new server.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Content Management System -- WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc

modzw

Reaction score
Oh, so if I download a back up from Softaculous, where would I install it if my host doesn't have Softaculous?

Status
Not open for further replies.