Callum Macrae - reviews please :)

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
http://callum.x10hosting.com/callum/

I've finished the design (I didn't make it, btw) and the pages, I'm not posting any posts until I get my domain name. PLEASE BE CRITICAL :)

A couple questions: The theme has no license. I downloaded it from the authors site (which also fails to mention any license). What am I allowed to do with it? Obviously I am not going to entirely delete the link though.

The other, if I want to buy a domain off somebody who is not using a domain, how would I go about it? I've emailed them and had no reply :(

~Callum

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice design, I like it.

The licensing terms generally they don't allow to remove the bottom link and you are free to change the code of template as you wish.

Until you get to him/ it expire, you can't , you have to get it transfered to you.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
There is no license though - that's what I'm saying.

~Callum

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Very good,impressive :smile:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Your site looks really great.

For the date stamp, the date number, shouldn't it be inside the cloud image? Although it looks like the original theme is just like that.

For the Notify me of follow-up comments, its on a separate line than the check box for it. I'm viewing this on Firefox.

Most free themes require that you keep the backlink to their website intact. I can't find a theme license either.

Overall, theme looks great!

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Your site looks really great.

For the date stamp, the date number, shouldn't it be inside the cloud image? Although it looks like the original theme is just like that.

I quite like it how it is :) I'm considering getting rid of the dates though, it's not relevant for what I'm going to use it for.

For the Notify me of follow-up comments, its on a separate line than the check box for it. I'm viewing this on Firefox.

Fixed - I had only looked while logged in, so I couldn't see it. Thanks :)

Most free themes require that you keep the backlink to their website intact. I can't find a theme license either.

Overall, theme looks great!

Thanks! :D

@leafypiggy: Thanks :) It doesn't mention it anywhere :/

~Callum

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks great and I can only spot one thing that bugs me: the search box seems to be cut off at the bottom, perhaps it is meant to be but having the dashed border continue round the bottom would make more sense. The 'Hire me' page could also be a bit more inviting and perhaps thumbnails of images from your portfolio.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Yup, the "Hire me" page could do with some work, I agree.

I keep meaning to look at the css for the search box, I'll do it first thing tomorrow when I get on my computer :)

Thanks! :D

~Callum

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
One more thing: On your Contact page, your Twitter link is somewhat messed up:

HTML:
<a href=\"http://www.twitter.com/callumacrae\">@callumacrae</a>

Those backslashes aren't needed there, though I have a feeling the server injected those in as I've seen this happen before.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm trying to fix that at the moment. It's an issue with the theme :(

~Callum

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Fixed. Massive bug in the code, but I've worked around it :(