Can access neither cpanel nor website

Status
Not open for further replies.

theengli

Reaction score
Hello,
I posted a question a couple of days ago about having 0 domains in my cpanel (https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/0-domains-in-my-directadmin-cpanel-no-statistics.207325/), but now I can neither access my cpanel (this is what I get):
Sign in Successful
Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account.
An error has occurred forwarding your sign in. Retry

Nor does my site (http://theenglishcorner.x10.mx/) work:
because I get HTTP ERROR 500.

What do I do?

P.S. I edited some courses on my website yesterday, getting ready for next semester. Could it be the reason for what's happened?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Your account was just re-transferred some hours ago, I have sorted so you should now be able to login.
As for the error, there are a few differences with the new server, one being that you are automatically set on php version 7.2, for some scripts it may be needed to switch to a different php version. The option to do this is under "Extra Features"

A clue for what is needed may be in the error logs, which can be found under "System info & files->Site Summary / Statistics / Logs"

theengli

Reaction score
Your account was just re-transferred some hours ago, I have sorted so you should now be able to login.
As for the error, there are a few differences with the new server, one being that you are automatically set on php version 7.2, for some scripts it may be needed to switch to a different php version. The option to do this is under "Extra Features"

A clue for what is needed may be in the error logs, which can be found under "System info & files->Site Summary / Statistics / Logs"

Anna,

I can log into the cpanel now and I see my domain stats. I tried changing the php version to 5.6., but my site still doesn't work. This is the message I'm getting:

Error: database driver problem detected
The site administrator should verify server configuration
PHP has not been properly configured with the MySQLi extension for it to communicate with MySQL. Please check your php.ini file or recompile PHP.

And this is the message from my error log:
Tue Feb 04 00:23:54.719717 2020] [lsapi:error] [pid 2053851:tid 140567526680320] [client 66.249.75.123:53343] [host theenglishcorner.x10.mx] Backend fatal error: PHP Fatal error: Cannot use 'object' as class name as it is reserved in /home/theengli/domains/theenglishcorner.x10.mx/public_html/lib/setuplib.php on line 66\n

Could you give me any advice on what to do to get it working because I don't quite understand what it means?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Since your site apparenly use the mysqli extension, that part should not be a problem for any of the newer phpversions so for you 7.2 should work just fine (old scipts might still use the mysql extension which is fully remove with version 7.0 which is why downgrading is a suggestion as it presents the same error 500 message).

That error appears to be related to any script you have. Though when going to your domain right now I get a working site, have you been able to sort this out or is there any specific part of the site that doesn't work properly?

theengli

Reaction score
Since your site apparenly use the mysqli extension, that part should not be a problem for any of the newer phpversions so for you 7.2 should work just fine (old scipts might still use the mysql extension which is fully remove with version 7.0 which is why downgrading is a suggestion as it presents the same error 500 message).

That error appears to be related to any script you have. Though when going to your domain right now I get a working site, have you been able to sort this out or is there any specific part of the site that doesn't work properly?
Yes, I've sorted it out. Turns out I didn't see there were several options to try while switching PHP versions and I tried only the first one (5.6.).
My site was revived as soon as I switched to 7.0.
Thank you so much for your help, Anna!
Really sorry for taking up your time with my silly questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.