Cancel and Delete My Account Permanently - Avoid X10

Status
Not open for further replies.

rook888

Reaction score
Like others who have canceled, I'm pretty disappointed in the hosting problems this week. But that's not why I'm quitting this host. I'm canceling because of your lack of communication about the hosting problems, lack of response to tickets, forum messages, and the complete lack of any effort to help restore service.

I'll be advising anyone I can to avoid X10.

Count this as one less premium upgrade, and possibly others who will read the reviews I intend to write to save others the problems I've experienced here.

I don't care that it's "free" - it's your business model, not mine, but it is my premium upgrade you are losing. I do not care that the support is "voluntary" - maybe you should start considering a new business that you can handle.

Thank you for wasting so much of my time. I will very much try to help others avoid the problems I've had with this service.

I think it would be hilarious if this were the one post you responded to.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Like others who have canceled, I'm pretty disappointed in the hosting problems this week.
We rarely have cancellations of hosting accounts. We do our best to keep our servers up and fix any problems that arise in the process.

I'm canceling because of your lack of communication about the hosting problems
We update our status website with any news and updates related to our service. I feel we have communicated major server issues well through this status blog. Everyone should check this blog for any updates before creating a support ticket.

lack of response to tickets
Sorry about a delay in responding to our support tickets. This week it has been rather difficult, since our volunteers are currently dealing with over 800 tickets, so it can be difficult to answer all of them immediately. We are volunteers: we have lives.

forum messages
Our forum is for community discussion. The appropriate place to receive support from our volunteers and staff is through our support system.

and the complete lack of any effort to help restore service.
Our administrators have had many sleepless nights and headaches in getting any server issues fixed. In my opinion, that is extraordinary effort.

I'll be advising anyone I can to avoid X10.
We have thousands of happy users on x10Hosting. We deal with server issues as soon as possible.

Count this as one less premium upgrade, and possibly others who will read the reviews I intend to write to save others the problems I've experienced here.
x10Premium is run by dedicated employees who will ensure that our users get the best experience out of x10Premium. Our x10Premium and x10VPS service also has an amazing 99.9% Uptime Guarentee SLA so websites are almost never offline. Every person is entitled to their own opinion however, and I understand that.

I do not care that the support is "voluntary" - maybe you should start considering a new business that you can handle.
x10Hosting is handled by many staff and many volunteers. However, these volunteers actually have lives, and are offering this service for free at usually no benefit of their own.

Thank you for wasting so much of my time.
You're welcome, and thank you for using x10Hosting. :)

I think it would be hilarious if this were the one post you responded to.
I am a volunteer. This is not my first post. And I would not find it funny, as anyone is entitled to posting a response on these forums.

rook888

Reaction score
My experience with X10:

* No website administration access for 2 weeks, no cPanel, lost databases, web pages that come and go randomly
* No ETA when people can anticipate working websites
* No responses to tickets or forum pleas for an ETA on return to service
* Lost potential clients and longterm benefits - and my own brand credibility
* A response only after I request cancellation - with excuses and continued lack of regard for customer concern
* Somehow it's the customers' fault for not being patient enough.

We all say we work hard. Only some actually do. We all have lives, too. Time that's more important spent providing value, not waiting for a host to fix their problems. I think 2 weeks without a functioning site is more than patient - especially considering, again, X10's lack of communication about any estimate of return to service. Just how much more patience would you require? A week? A month? Sorry, no can do. I'm in business, not a guessing game.

I don't care if thousands of other customers are "happy." That's not my concern. I want my website to work, and for me to accomplish that, I've had to go elsewhere. If I'd had some kind of assurance or estimate of return to service, that's another story. But I'm not going to be strung along indefinitely in faith that x10 can handle the technical issues, which, from the lack of specific information, they apparently cannot.

I'm glad you can smile, because I've got another host, and a working site, and they have a potential longterm customer, and we are smiling too.

I do apologize for not being patient enough; but now I have a working host, and you still do not have my premium upgrade.

Word of advice - with other customers why not address the posts they make before the cancellation request.

Good luck - oh, you don't need it, because you're the only free host on the internet.

Oh - I'm wrong about that, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.