Cannot access my account or reset password

kardz4s3

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am unable to login to my website backend using x12.x10hosting.com:2222

My username is also kardz4s3 and I tried the emails I thought I would have used to register? Any help would be most appreciated.

My website url is: kardz4sportz.x10host.com

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The email account on file is: a**n@ka**tz.com (** does not represent actual number of chars)

kardz4s3

Reaction score
Hi Anna, I just realised why I am not receiving the password reset emails to the above address!! My domain name has expired, and I do not wish to renew it. Would it be possible to change the account to a gmail address instead?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have unsuspended your account.

If you are able to access via FTP, or DirectAdmin itself, please upload/create a file called x10hosting.txt and put inside it what email address you want me to change it to, do NOT put that file in public_html

kardz4s3

Reaction score
Hi Anna, I am unable to access my account at all? No FTP, no DirectAdmin, and I no longer have access to my email. I feel pretty sure that my username and password is correct?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
When I unsuspend the account to allow you access via FTP (assuming you do know the login) you only have a limited time to do so before the account ends up suspended again for being active since no login to the panel was made.

I have once more unsuspended your account, and also attempted to set an override to give you a couple days to login via FTP/DA to sort that file, please to so as soon as possible to avoid being suspended again. If you don't know the login details we will have to try and figure something else out.

Once the account is suspended you would not be able to login at all as that would defeat the purpose of a suspended account.

Are you familiar with Discord? If so maybe we can find a time when we are both online, looking at the timestamps for your posts you post smack middle of my night (I'm in Europe)

kardz4s3

Reaction score
Hi Anna, it seems quite difficult to align our timezones... anyway, I was able to get some help from Garett, so that's great.

I do have one more question/request though... How do I reset my DirectAdmin password? I am able to login to https://x10hosting.com/login, but I never access my account this way. I want to access via x12.x10hosting.com:2222

When I try to access x12.x10hosting.com:2222 it says my password is wrong again :( Can you maybe synchronise the passwords or something?

Oh, by the way, I tried the password reset, but it requires the current password to reset :) Which is the one I am trying to reset in the first place... I mean, who on earth asks for an existing password to update your password these days? It doesn't make sense.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Anna, it seems quite difficult to align our timezones... anyway, I was able to get some help from Garett, so that's great.

I do have one more question/request though... How do I reset my DirectAdmin password? I am able to login to https://x10hosting.com/login, but I never access my account this way. I want to access via x12.x10hosting.com:2222

When I try to access x12.x10hosting.com:2222 it says my password is wrong again :( Can you maybe synchronise the passwords or something?

Oh, by the way, I tried the password reset, but it requires the current password to reset :) Which is the one I am trying to reset in the first place... I mean, who on earth asks for an existing password to update your password these days? It doesn't make sense.
You do not need to know your existing direct admin password to change your password. That is to change your client dashboard password.

To change your direct admin password you need to navigate to Services > Click on the name of your Service > Change Password.

Note that access your DA control panel directly will not update or count you as active and may mark your account as inactive and suspended.

kardz4s3

Reaction score
Hi Eric, thanks for your detailed response... So I followed your instructions, and changed my password using Services -> Change Password. However, my new password is not accepted when I login through the x12.x10hosting.com:2222 URL? Very frustrating? Am I doing something wrong? Where is the forgotten password link on the x12.x10hosting.com:2222 page?

kardz4s3

Reaction score
Hi Eric, thanks for your detailed response... So I followed your instructions, and changed my password using Services -> Change Password. However, my new password is not accepted when I login through the x12.x10hosting.com:2222 URL? Very frustrating? Am I doing something wrong? Where is the forgotten password link on the x12.x10hosting.com:2222 page?
Can anyone help with this?