Cannot create hosting account

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexlhoffman36

Reaction score
Hi, and thanks for your help!

When I tried to create an account with free hosting, I entered all the requested information, and then confirmed my email by clicking on the link in the email. When I did this, is said the account was created, and so I went into the Hosting tab at the top of the page. When I did so, it said my hosting request failed, because my password had to be between 8-16 characters (or some numbers like that). My password was 18 characters, so I wanted to change it, but didn't have the option. So, I terminated request, and it said I can create a new one. I clicked on the link, and it took me to the home page. There, I chose my same username, and it seems to recognize the account, because it said it would keep my password. I entered the info, and it said that it thought I was behind a proxy, or making multiple requests within 24 hours.

Sorry for the huge wall of text... I hope you can help :biggrin:

Thank you,
Alex Hoffman

alexlhoffman36

Reaction score
Anna,

Thank you, it allowed me to create an account, which is pending. I must applaud x10hosting's fast support, especially for a free account!

Thank you,
Alex Hoffman

EDIT: Uh-oh. It was pending, but now it is saying the same thing. Here, let me paste it:

action status: Error occurred during processing

error code: C0D0B733

result: An error occurred as your hosting account signup was executed. The error is shown below:
The password supplied must be between 1 and 16 characters in length

I even changed my account password to be within that range. :S Thanks for the help!

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Sorry for bumping, but the problem is still there :S Also, since my account isn't attached to a hosting server, I can't open a support ticket.

Any help?

Thank you,
Alex Hoffman

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You would need to change it prior to trying to sign up, as the password would automatically be set to the same as you have for the account panel now that you already got an account panel and forum account.

I have removed the IP from logs again.

alexlhoffman36

Reaction score
Thank Anna,

I did change my control panel account's password before signing up, between 1 and 16 characters. Maybe I didn't wait long enough for it to propagate? Should I change it again now, or go ahead and try to sign up again?

Thanks

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I see you got your hosting account up and running now :)

alexlhoffman36

Reaction score
Hi Anna,

Yes, I got it working! :biggrin: Is there anything I need to do to close the ticket or anything? Anyway, thank you so much for the help, x10hosting seems to be on top of things quickly! :biggrin:

Thanks,
Alex Hoffman

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
The thread will close itself after around 3 days of no one responding to it. I'm glad that you've got a working hosting account now.

Status
Not open for further replies.