Cannot get my QuickTime movie mov video to play in Internet explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

beadsx12

Reaction score
Hi, this is Patty. I cannot get my QuickTime mov movies files to open and play in Internet explorer. I am not sure why? Can someone please help me? Thank you so much!

Last edited:

afterda3

Reaction score
If your IE version is less than 11 then chances are it wont work....ever.
Use IE v11 if you really need IE.
Try other browsers to confirm that the movies are valid QT files.

beadsx12

Reaction score
Sorry, I have another question. My QuickTime mov movie files only work on safari . So I am wondering if I change my QuickTime mov file to MP4, will it work on on internet explorer 5.8 because that is what I have? Thank you so much. I am still trying to figure out how to update my internet explorer.

beadsx12

Reaction score
I have another question. My QuickTime mov files only work on Safari and not any other browser. So I am wondering if I convert my QuickTime mov file into MP4 files will they show up on my internet explorer 5.8 because that is the one I have. Thank you so much. I am trying to figure out how to update my internet explorer.

afterda3

Reaction score
I have another question. My QuickTime mov files only work on Safari and not any other browser. So I am wondering if I convert my QuickTime mov file into MP4 files will they show up on my internet explorer 5.8 because that is the one I have. Thank you so much. I am trying to figure out how to update my internet explorer.

Are you sure its IE v5.8 as I cannot find that version, only v5.6 and that was back in year 2000.
Which operating system are you using? Windows 98?

It's highly recommended you update your OS (and browers) due to security and performance issues.

beadsx12

Reaction score
Sorry, my internet explorer is 5.2 not 5.8. I am working on a Mac and not on PC. Both my iPad and my safari browser on my Mac shows my QuickTime mov movies perfectly fine. It is mainly Internet explorer that I am having a hard time with. I am going to see if I can get the latest version of Internet explorer 11 to see if my QuickTime movie will show up

beadsx12

Reaction score
Are you sure its IE v5.8 as I cannot find that version, only v5.6 and that was back in year 2000.
Which operating system are you using? Windows 98?

It's highly recommended you update your OS (and browers) due to security and performance issues.

Sorry, my internet explorer is 5.2 and not 5.8. I am working on a Mac and on PC. Both my iPad and my Safari browser show my QuickTime mov files just fine. It is Internet explorer that is giving me a hard time. I am going to get Internet explorer 11 to see if my QuickTime file will play

beadsx12

Reaction score
Sorry, my internet explorer is 5.2 and not 5.8. I am working on a Mac not on PC. Both my iPad and my Safari browser show my QuickTime mov files just fine. It is Internet explorer that is giving me a hard time. I am going to get Internet explorer 11 to see if my QuickTime file will play

beadsx12

Reaction score
Sorry, my internet explorer is 5.2 and not 5.8. I am working on a Mac not on PC. Both my iPad and my Safari browser show my QuickTime mov files just fine. It is Internet explorer that is giving me a hard time. I am going to get Internet explorer 11 to see if my QuickTime file will play

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
you can always create a test page which you can share the link to,
and add a test .mov video file to it and check it that way.
that way it wont really effect your website.
just saying

beadsx12

Reaction score
you can always create a test page which you can share the link to,
and add a test .mov video file to it and check it that way.
that way it wont really effect your website.
just saying

I am going to create a test page to test all my 4 videos. However, I think before I even convert my QuickTime mov files to MP4, I should test them to see if they will display on internet explorer 11 first(definitely going to get it.). If the QuickTime mov files don't work on Internet explorer 11 then I will definitely convert the QuickTime mov files to MP4. Thank you so much!

beadsx12

Reaction score
I am going to create a test page to test all my 4 videos. However, I think before I even convert my QuickTime mov files to MP4, I should test them to see if they will display on internet explorer 11 first(definitely going to get it.). If the QuickTime mov files don't work on Internet explorer 11 then I will definitely convert the QuickTime mov files to MP4. Thank you so much!

Dear spacresx,
Unfortunately, I can't even find any internet explorer 11 free download. I tried the Microsoft widow page for downloading Mac's internet explorer 11 but nothing happened and it says error. I am wondering can I send you both my web pages and will you help me test it out on internet explorer 11 please. First page

http://beads.x10host.com/index/phbigginner1final.html

2nd page

http://beads.x10host.com/index/phfinalbtoday.html

Thank you so much!

beadsx12

Reaction score

afterda3

Reaction score
Both pages report:

Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@beadsx12
I looked at both links in my IE 11 and my firefox 52.9.0 (yes its old i know)
when you run windows 7 your limited on the versions you can lol.

Ok As for IE 11, I cannot really answer because i dont have quicktime.
or the needed plugins for it, and its too much B.S. for me to try to get them,
mostly because i dont use IE 11 as default I use firefox 52.9.0 for default.
plus the fact im using windows 7 (support for them is non-existent)

On the plus side, your http://beads.x10host.com/Index/phfinalbtoday.html
does show me the hampster video in my firefox just fine, But there is no audio.
but the videos on page 2 do not show at all.

I would suggest, and recommend converting the videos to .mp4 instead.
as mp4 is more browser/windows friendly than mov files are.
.mov was ok back when quicktime could be installed on 98 and xp without
having to worry about "newer windows" or "newer pc's" taking over.

also just for the record, i think IE 11 was originally included in a service pack.
not as a separate download like IE 7 or IE 8.

beadsx12

Reaction score
@beadsx12
I looked at both links in my IE 11 and my firefox 52.9.0 (yes its old i know)
when you run windows 7 your limited on the versions you can lol.

Ok As for IE 11, I cannot really answer because i dont have quicktime.
or the needed plugins for it, and its too much B.S. for me to try to get them,
mostly because i dont use IE 11 as default I use firefox 52.9.0 for default.
plus the fact im using windows 7 (support for them is non-existent)

On the plus side, your http://beads.x10host.com/Index/phfinalbtoday.html
does show me the hampster video in my firefox just fine, But there is no audio.
but the videos on page 2 do not show at all.

I would suggest, and recommend converting the videos to .mp4 instead.
as mp4 is more browser/windows friendly than mov files are.
.mov was ok back when quicktime could be installed on 98 and xp without
having to worry about "newer windows" or "newer pc's" taking over.

also just for the record, i think IE 11 was originally included in a service pack.
not as a separate download like IE 7 or IE 8.

Wow, this is weird because my safari shows all my videos and all my sounds just fine. The first webpage also shows the first video in chrome just fine. I hope it shows the other three videos when I have time to test it. I can't seem to find an MP4 converter though every time I try to download it, Safari shows it cannot show this page because it is insecure page and than safari shows nothing. I am not sure what to do? Any suggestions are welcomed. Thank you so much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.