Cannot reset account password

itadita

Reaction score
Hi,
I can't complete a pw reset, as the contact email account I have on file is no longer accessible to me,.
Please help me regain access to my account, or at least retrieve my files from the server.
Thanks a lot,
Ittai (itadita)
ittai@shifter.pcriot.com

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The email address mentioned above is NOT the contact address on file.

The forum account you post from is also not attached to the account holding the pcriot.com domain you have listed as your email address.

Support requests needs to come from the forum account on file (which was created together with the hosting account). If you can not access the email address on file we need you to post from the correct forum account as that is the only option to verify you as the actual owner.

The email on file, in case you remember it wrong: i****a@hotufi.net (**** does not represent number of chars correctly).

itadita

Reaction score
Hi Anna,

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Unfortunately, I can’t remember the forum account’s name and pw. However, below please find copies of my previous correspondence with the support team (e.g. Michael Hinkle, Dec/2019) from my account on record: itadita@hotufi.net.

Is it possible to use this info to confirm my identity and continue the process to regain access to my shifter.pcriot.com account?

Much appreciated.

--
From: x10Hosting [mailto:accounts-noreply@x10hosting.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 12:39 PM
To: itadita@hotufi.net
Subject: Email Confirmation

Email Confirmation​

We need you to confirm this email address in order to get started with your web hosting account. Email confirmation is simple and fast, just visit the below link to complete this process.
https://x10hosting.com/sso/confirm/528742/CA364
Sincerely,

The x10Hosting Team
This message was sent to itadita@hotufi.net. If you don't want to receive these emails from x10Hosting in the future, please unsubscribe.
x10Hosting, LLC, PO Box 783, Tilton, NH 03276

MID Z1519727914

--
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 3:25 PM
To: itadita@hotufi.net
Subject: Re: itadita@hotufi.net sent you a message

Michael replied

Dec 19, 8:24am​
Hello,

We are in the process of transferring all free hosting customers to a new control panel. Please check back in within the next 24-48 hours to see if this account has been moved and is accessible.

--
Michael Hinkle
support@x10hosting.com

itadita@hotufi.net replied

Dec 19, 6:18am​
Hi, my email accounts stopped working and I can't access cPanel. The message on the website says:
"Cannot read license file To access the interface, you must install the license and ensure that the license is active."
Where is the link to the new license? Any instructions?
Cheers,
Ittai
{#HS:1036826218-1028109#}

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have unsuspended your account, if you are able to login via FTP could you please upload/create a file called x10hosting.txt with information about what new email address you would like set as your contact email?

This can not be one that is located within your account, it has to be from a third party as to make sure it is usable even when the account for any reason is not accessible.

If this is not an option we can go from there and try the next option.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter, I'll remove it once I retrieved the information. Root is easiest to find it from

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have changed the email address on file, you will still need to go through the reset password though before you can login.

itadita

Reaction score
I have changed the email address on file, you will still need to go through the reset password though before you can login.
Hi Anna, did a password reset, but still can't access the account. Any ideas?
Thanks,

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Anna, did a password reset, but still can't access the account. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Are you getting any errors? What happens when you try to login?
I assume you also use the new contact email address as your login username, the old is no longer associated with the account in any way.

itadita

Reaction score
Retry:
Error code E4BC6A38FCAD4515D. Please go to the support forum for assistance.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Retry:
Error code E4BC6A38FCAD4515D. Please go to the support forum for assistance.
You should be able to now. Appears you are in a country that isn't eligible for creating a new free account, but as an existing user I have set an exemption on your account from this rule.

itadita72

Reaction score
The request generated by the "Hosting Control Panel" button on the dashboard times out.
New email settings (Thunderbird client) required?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The request generated by the "Hosting Control Panel" button on the dashboard times out.
New email settings (Thunderbird client) required?
Depends on what you have in Thunderbird currently, the settings should be the same, unless you for server url have something like xo#, in that case it would need to be updated to use either your own domain (if you have SSL installed you can use SSL, otherwise it would need to be plain with this as setting) or the current server url: x12.x10hosting.com

Does it still timeout? I did not see your IP in the firewall, which is the most common cause for a connection issue.

itadita

Reaction score
control panel still times out. Windows network diagnostics says: x12.x10hosting.com is online, but isn't responding to connection requests.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
control panel still times out. Windows network diagnostics says: x12.x10hosting.com is online, but isn't responding to connection requests.
What browser? I know DirectAdmin don't play well with older internet explorer, but should work with a modern browser.

Are you posting to this forum from the same location as you can not access x12 on? The IP logged for your last post is not in the firewall so it would be something else I think

itadita

Reaction score
Used Chrome to access the panel, posted from my Opera browser (which failed to open the panel too). (Still can't access my email).