Cannot Send Email using PHP File for Form Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjogrens

Reaction score
Wow Dead-i you are awesome mate. Thank you so very very much for working on the php script for me.
It works as far as I can see and gives me the echo message. I am not seeing an email message yet, but we can work on that later.
Might be an email setting. Thanks so much man.

All the best,

Scott

P.S. remember that free meal in Myrtle Beach if and when you make it stateside :)

Last edited:

sjogrens

Reaction score
caftpx10 line 28 contains the following:

mail("sjogrens <administrator@sjogrens.x10host.com>","Applicant for Group Admission",$message,null,"From: questionnaire <questionnaire@sjogrens.x10host.com>");

This is the email issue I am having. Not having a good idea of php, my lack of knowledge prohibits me from knowing if this is correct or not. Apparently something is wrong with it or my email settings are not right or perhaps x10 will not accept it. I do not know the answer. I am assuming x10 does in fact accept it. At least I hope it does :)

Thanks for taking a look at it for me :)

Scott

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Scott,

I removed the third (null) parameter from your mail() line, and your emails now appear to be sending fine. Please could you try again now? :)

Thank you,

caftpx10

Reaction score
http://php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php
Looks like you was attempting to do example #3.
You could try how it's laid out in example #1 (which is probably what it looks like now after the removal of 'null,') or if you want to have a header containing the "origin sender" (AKA the reply-to email) then you could try what is being done in example #2.

sjogrens

Reaction score
OK many thanks to you both for your assistance. I have actually gotten this PHP file now to send directly to my hotmail account without going through the administrator account which eliminates a step. Thanks to both of you I am on my way to learning PHP. Many thanks again :)

Best regards,

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.