Cannot update from WP 3.5.1 to 3.5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadCatLady

Reaction score
Hi

I've just installed wordpress using softaculous - version 3.5.1. So I want to upgrade to the latest version 3.5.2 but when I do the automatic install I get these errors:

Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Unable to create file /tmp/wordpress-3.tmp because No such file or directory in /home/losewei2/public_html/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 179

Warning: unlink(/tmp/wordpress-3.tmp) [function.unlink]: Operation not permitted in /home/losewei2/public_html/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 493

Download failed.: Could not open handle for fopen() to /tmp/wordpress-3.tmp
Installation Failed

I haven't installed anything else or changed any settings and I have tried changing the file permission and googling - with no luck.

Can anyone help me please?

Many thanks

MadCatLady.

shifattk

Reaction score
Try this:
1. Export all your content from the blog, and then delete the current installation from Softaculous
2. Go to cPanel and create a database and a user
3. Download version 3.5.2 from here and use FTP to upload it to your account.
4. Fire up a browser and go to your website.
5. You should be presented with an installation page, follow through and enter all data required.

Hope it helps.

tobyadams

Reaction score
Exact same issue here, must be a global issue with server config or something. Never had this issue before.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

Made a slight adjustment to absoluts settings, found some inconsistencies when comparing to a different server where I tested it to be working.

Could any of you please try now? I have poked one of the better informed server admins as well in case this doesn't do the trick.

nestynunez42

Reaction score
I'm also still having same problems. Have tried changing permissions, disabling plugins, and so far no luck :frown:
thanks for working on this.

48bytes84

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I thought I'd just chime in to let you know that I'm experiencing the same issue. Even when updating Akismet, the same error occurs.
Thank you all for your work, and let's hope this gets resolved soon.

ampersx1

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was having the same issue, but I found if you add in the following line to your wp-config.php file it works:

define('WP_TEMP_DIR',ABSPATH.'wp-content/uploads/');

I've placed this line just under where ABSPATH is defined in wp-config.php here (about the second line from the bottom of the file:

/** Absolute path to the WordPress directory. */

if ( !defined('ABSPATH') )

define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/');

I should give credit to this page for this tip: http://remy.supertext.ch/2011/07/download-failed-could-not-open-handle-for-fopen/

adminmck

Reaction score
The way I fixed this was I backed up my database and all the files I uploaded to wordpress. I then downloaded the wordpress 3.5.2 from their website and proceeded with the installation instructions they give you.

marcelinho.dll

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was having the same issue, but I found if you add in the following line to your wp-config.php file it works:

I've placed this line just under where ABSPATH is defined in wp-config.php here (about the second line from the bottom of the file:

/** Absolute path to the WordPress directory. */

if ( !defined('ABSPATH') )

define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/');

I should give credit to this page for this tip: http://remy.supertext.ch/2011/07/download-failed-could-not-open-handle-for-fopen/

This works for me. Thanks for sharing! :)

nestynunez42

Reaction score
Hi All,

Like a boss! Worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.