Cannot update SSL Certificate

NoCapApps

Reaction score
I have used my website with SSL without issues for almost a year now, and auto renew seemed to work well. Now, however, I have found that the certificate didn't renew, and I can't create a new SSL certificate. When I try to generate an SSL certificate, I get the following error:
'Domain does not exist on the system. Unable to find nectralyx.x10.mx in /etc/virtual/domainowners, and domain is not set as hostname (servername) in DirectAdmin configuration. Exiting...
no valid domain found - exiting'. How can I fix this error?

ctyrd

Reaction score
no valid domain found - exiting'. How can I fix this error?
What is the default domain??? The issue with the x10 Nameservers left the account misaligned with existing domains.

You can try and disable SSL, and add a dns record in the control panel. That will make all records updated. Then enable SSL and add new Certificate.

Last edited:

NoCapApps

Reaction score
What is the default domain??? The issue with the x10 Nameservers left the account misaligned with existing domains.

You can try and disable SSL, and add a dns record in the control panel. That will make all records updated. Then enable SSL and add new Certificate.
What DNS record should I add? I tried adding a random A record, but this didn't fix my issue with SSL.

ctyrd

Reaction score
What DNS record should I add? I tried adding a random A record, but this didn't fix my issue with SSL.
Going to put your request in for review at discord. I'm not positive if changing the default domain and changing it back again would work. Please wait for admin reply.

Last edited:

karrx10h

Reaction score
Hi, mates. I had to do this:

Be carefull with each step. Especially, when deleting domains!!! Don't delete your files!!!

1. Add a new domain and set it as the new default domain (click for full size).
1.jpg
2. Delete the main domain, BUT PRESERVE THE FILES!!! Although you'll lose the current certificate, subdomains and email account(s) of this domain (click for full size).
2.jpg
3. Add again your main domain and set it as the default domain again. You already know how to do this.

4. Go to the «SSL Certificates» feature. Create a new certificate... and cross your fingers. :rolleyes:

I had to wait a few minutes, after hitting the «save» button, until the new certificate created.

Good luck.

Last edited:

ctyrd

Reaction score
Hi, mates. I had to do this:

Be carefull with each step. Especially, when deleting domains!!! Don't delete your files!!!

1. Add a new domain and set it as the new default domain (click for full size).
View attachment 11491
2. Delete the main domain, BUT PRESERVE THE FILES!!! Although you'll lose the current certificate, subdomains and email account(s) of this domain (click for full size).
View attachment 11492
3. Add again your main domain and set it as the default domain again. You already know how to do this.

4. Go to the «SSL Certificates» feature. Create a new certificate... and cross your fingers. :rolleyes:

I had to wait a few minutes, after hitting the «save» button, until the new certificate created.

Good luck.
Did you happen to try changing the default domain and changing it back? Before you're deleting processes?

karrx10h

Reaction score
Yes. I think so.

Yes, it's a desesperated method. You have to remember to backup all the IMAP directories for the domain/subdomain. I've lost mine ones :rolleyes:. But I think it wasn't a critical lost.