Reaction score
I try to access after login
https://x10hosting.com/panel/services/show/4421
which sends me to
https://x15.x10hosting.com:2222/CMD_LOGIN
where I get
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I'm using Opera 81.0.4196.60. Firewall on/off doesn't make a difference

On FTP I'm using FTP, ftp.*sitename*.x10host.com, port:21, *username*@*sitename*.x10host.com, *usualpassword*, and it doesn't work. When I tried SFTP, port: 22, before I reset password and reactivated account I guess, it went all the way up to "ACCESS DENIED", now it just hangs on connecting...

So now I have no way to upload anything. Please fix. Thank you

Last edited:

truthju2

Reaction score
bump, after reading the problems of others I point out my country is not on a country restricted list, if any

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I try to access after login
https://x10hosting.com/panel/services/show/4421
which sends me to
https://x15.x10hosting.com:2222/CMD_LOGIN
where I get
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I'm using Opera 81.0.4196.60. Firewall on/off doesn't make a difference

On FTP I'm using FTP, ftp.*sitename*.x10host.com, port:21, *username*@*sitename*.x10host.com, *usualpassword*, and it doesn't work. When I tried SFTP, port: 22, before I reset password and reactivated account I guess, it went all the way up to "ACCESS DENIED", now it just hangs on connecting...

So now I have no way to upload anything. Please fix. Thank you
Your IP was blocked by the firewall due to "Failed SSH login", SSH is not available for free hosting and as such you will not be able to use SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) either since that is done over SSH.

I have removed the block.

truthju2

Reaction score
Thank you.

I tried SSH for the first time (in my life) yesterday, well after all the weird blockages all over the place. When the ftp access stopped working first months ago according to my last thread, I wasn't running any proxy / ssh at all anywhere, as I was using free coffee cup client on windows xp sp3 where hardly anything works anymore. When the ftp / web blockage escalated apparently lately, I was using winscp on windows 7, still with no proxy / ssh. I might've forgotten opera's vpn on I suppose which caused the block by IP for the ftp client to stop working as well, but as I remember I tried to log in by ftp client first, without any proxy / ssh, then I went on the web to try and fix the problem. I have no reason to log in on the web or come on this forum than if a connection problem occurred

I wish x10hosting would post a "you can't use proxy here" message when it detects it, instead of allowing the block to trickle into firewall and other time consuming back-end problems. Although firewall comes before server side I guess...

Hope it helps diagnose these problems which I hope are accidents, as I'm inclined to believe in conspiracies :)

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you.

I tried SSH for the first time (in my life) yesterday, well after all the weird blockages all over the place. When the ftp access stopped working first months ago according to my last thread, I wasn't running any proxy / ssh at all anywhere, as I was using free coffee cup client on windows xp sp3 where hardly anything works anymore. When the ftp / web blockage escalated apparently lately, I was using winscp on windows 7, still with no proxy / ssh. I might've forgotten opera's vpn on I suppose which caused the block by IP for the ftp client to stop working as well, but as I remember I tried to log in by ftp client first, without any proxy / ssh, then I went on the web to try and fix the problem. I have no reason to log in on the web or come on this forum than if a connection problem occurred

I wish x10hosting would post a honest "you can't use proxy here" when it detects it, instead of allowing the block to trickle into firewall and other time consuming back-end problems.

Hope it helps diagnose these problems which I hope are accidents, as I'm inclined to believe in conspiracies :)
WinSCP does have the option to use SFTP (which means it uses SSH protocol).
The IP block was not caused by the accidental use of VPN, it was caused because an attempt was done to login via SSH protocol, likely by utilizing the SFTP option in WinSCP