Can't access to mysql

Status
Not open for further replies.

munimadx

Reaction score
Hello,

Since this morning, neither me nor the app can access mysql database. It says password is wrong, but nothing has been changed

Please help,

Regards,

user: munimad

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Mysql seem to be running fine on your server, what is the exact error message you get, and how are you trying access the database?

munimadx

Reaction score
Mysql seem to be running fine on your server, what is the exact error message you get, and how are you trying access the database?

Yes, mysql is running, but since this morning, it doesnt work.

I see I have been attacked:

Almost all tables have disapeared, and there is a table called "WARNING"

It contains two columns:

- a message asking for money
- a bit coin address to send the money
- an email

Please help

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I cant do much about the threat to leak the database, but I can grab a backup from the old server (old mysql servers are still online for me to access), any changes made after the migrations would be lost in that case unfortunately.

I'd advise that you change all passwords regarding your account a soon as possible to avoid future problems.

There may be a newer backup out of my access though, I'd have to check with other admin about that and I don't expect him to be online yet as he is in a different timezone from me.

bamawebx

Reaction score
Yes, that would help (even if old backup, would be better than nothing)Thank you!

My password was more than 8 chars long, not sure about how they did the attack :S

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that would help (even if old backup, would be better than nothing)Thank you!

My password was more than 8 chars long, not sure about how they did the attack :S
Now I'm confused, are you two the same person?

I set the abuse admin on the case to look at how they got access, common ways are vulnerabilities in scripts however.

munimadx

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, same person sorry, but bamaweb site is already on premium.

I will try also to find out how they did the attack.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.